Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a k24 turbo, has a 5 speed out a ep, from what i can find its got a 4.7X ish r&p in it,

do they make or sell a 3.6XX- 3.3XX ish R&P for these trannys,
i need to strech this thing out a little to calm it down,

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
whats r & p? it sounds like your talking about the final drive in the tranny.

yea the ep3 tranny has a 4.7 final drive, same as the type-s 6 speed. The base rsx 5 speed has a 4.3 final drive.

i think there is a 4.0 aftermarket final drive. Thats the lowest i've seen.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got 235-50 15 tire, im new to the honda stuff iv been messing with vw's all my life and they got LOTS of different r&p. so i was just tryign to find out what hondas got ya know

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
whats r & p? it sounds like your talking about the final drive in the tranny.

yea the ep3 tranny has a 4.7 final drive, same as the type-s 6 speed. The base rsx 5 speed has a 4.3 final drive.

i think there is a 4.0 aftermarket final drive. Thats the lowest i've seen.
Ring and Pinion, the final drive ratio.

DaBeetereater - with your tire size (about a 24") you should be good unless you are pushing north of 400 in a beetle lol. Is the clutch engagement breaking it loose? Maybe try the 4.3 from the 02-04 type-S/02-06 base RSX.

There are lower final drives available from europe, some info here http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34070

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
You should be fine with the 4.7 FD (r&p). If you change it to a smaller one you will loose alot of your torque that the fd puts down to the ground.

Unless you are FI (forced induction) with lots of power.

PS: if you want to change it, I have a 4.3 that ill trade you for the 4.7.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah well my car is north of 600, will hardly drive it there but i will mostly keep it in the 400 ish range. i just want to stretch it out a little help out with the traction,

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
4.3 FD will be better for you then. Also you can look into some custom gears from Bullhead to help you with traction in 1st and 2nd gear.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah im not gonna do anything uless i break something, but im probably just gonna put a clutch in it and fix a few things and sell the car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts