Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Saw this on IG today. So Sad.... R.I.P. :(

·
Registered
722 Posts
Whats your IG name?

You guys Let this be a Eye opener to safety... You can not always go out there and run your car with the bare minimum..... Safety will save your life one day. Its there for a reason..... IF you cant afford to be safe then you do not need to be racing.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Whats your IG name?

You guys Let this be a Eye opener to safety... You can not always go out there and run your car with the bare minimum..... Safety will save your life one day. Its there for a reason..... IF you cant afford to be safe then you do not need to be racing.
ocurrey1320

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are guilty for taking Safety precausions too soft just to save some weight and or to run a few cents. Quicker. But only when you hear or see things like this is when we realize that saving your life is more important than anything...

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,852 Posts
You will be missed but not forgotten...god speed buddy..
Very sad to read that man in his early thirtys was taken out of live by a drag race accident. My condolences for family and friends.

You guys Let this be a Eye opener to safety...Here is his cage , was deff not safe for the MPH he was going.......

Hopefully others take this to prove and eventually overthink their safety systems.

Some more info could be found here: http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/one-man-in-critical-condition-after-crash-at-kansas-international-dragway/38607082

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
one thing no one is mentioning is that he hit the early turn off opening if im not mistaken. this is the 2nd time in the last 6 months this has happened. it happened at WCF and its the difference between someone hitting the wall and spinning out vs the car being demolished and extreme impact. car at wcf was a 25.5 cage and the driver was still airlifted out

this really sucks. i didnt know jason as well as some but ive known him for like 5 years now and saw him at every ifo out there. couldnt have happened to a nicer guy. midwest/southern ifos will never be the same without him.

·
Registered
722 Posts
one thing no one is mentioning is that he hit the early turn off opening if im not mistaken. this is the 2nd time in the last 6 months this has happened. it happened at WCF and its the difference between someone hitting the wall and spinning out vs the car being demolished and extreme impact. car at wcf was a 25.5 cage and the driver was still airlifted out

this really sucks. i didnt know jason as well as some but ive known him for like 5 years now and saw him at every ifo out there. couldnt have happened to a nicer guy. midwest/southern ifos will never be the same without him.
Yes him hitting the Early turn off is what caused him to flip....but you still need to look at the ET requirements... 10pt at min prob would have saved his life.....

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This was jason exactly...

"Whoever you are, whatever the social position you have in life, the highest or the lowest, always have as a goal a lot of strength, a lot of determination and always do everything with much love and faith in God! One day you get there. Somehow you get there!"

- Ayrton Senna -

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Yes him hitting the Early turn off is what caused him to flip....but you still need to look at the ET requirements... 10pt at min prob would have saved his life.....
even a 10 pt its hard to use the word probably. cars arent meant to hit walls dead on at 150 mph. and neither is the human body. people have been killed on lesser impacts in more equipped cars. no doubt he should have had more cage in the car no denying it. but hitting the early turn off at 150 mph shouldnt be a possibility while racing. if a car breaks and limps up to it they can open it. otherwise it needs to be closed

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,852 Posts
Would be nice if one of his friends could write more about this guy here, about his life, his favourites, his achievments, his friends, his passions and about of his being...30 and something years of life are not only one tragic accident, there should be more and good stuff to read about that guy here.

I understand, to understand why this guy was taken home, it is natural to discuss the circumstances, especially in such a tragic case. But for me the respect for his life, his being, his bereaveds should also find it's place here.

You will be missed but not forgotten...god speed buddy..
Sad to see another racer pass away so quick my condolence for the family and friends
Go fund me account has been open for those willing to help out his family for funeral cost...https://www.gofundme.com/cwvffa2s
RIP Jason

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jason was a really passionate guy for the sport of drag racing since his early years of his life. He was willing to go above and beyond to help and be tbere for others.
If you needed help with your car instead of him charging you for his work, he would tell you that his satisfaction was for you to go to the track and make the event even more bigger and popular so other people can be motivated too..
I never met another person with so much into the love of the sport of drag racing as he was..
He will be missed for damn sure but not forgotten. .

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Words on facebook from one of his best friends and my friend and the only person who drove jason's cars.
Also a member of k20a.org 7800rpmlaunch

I had some time to compose myself and want to take the time to thank you guys for the kind words, I lost my cousin few years back that was petty hard for me and now I lose one of my best freind and had to sit there and witness it helplessly. We met of course through racing at Kennedale raceway back in the days, he was a very quiet and shy petson some people even thought he was an asshole but that was the way he was. He seen me run my buddy's car and told me that he was impressed and loved my driving skills I told him the same and we immediately became really good friends, we started to go to all the ifos and boti events in his old school chevy truck with no ac, he use to tell me how he loves that I have the passion for cars as much as him and that he can always count on me to go with him to almost every race knowing how busy my schedule is and circumstances were. This last race he really wasn't acting like himself, as soon as we got on the road he was silent and told me he wanted to quit racing for a while and just relax, he dedicated his life to the sport and I poured thousands of dollars and time into it. He had told me "people are scared of going fast, some lift when it gets scary, but I think when it's your time it's your time", he also told me and Jason Martinez "my father died at 47 and I don't think I'll even make it that long" on the way to the hotel the night before the race. He was really happy that I came with him to this last race and told me he wanted me to witness his first 8 second pass. He was always willing to help anyone without ever asking for help in return or even help period. This is the hardest thing I'll have to deal with but time will heal me, I feel so bad for his brothers and mother. I got my last good bye next to his death bed and told him I'll shake and bake till I die , I know that's how he would of wanted it. Farewell my dear friend I'll see u in the next life. Big loss :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts