Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
So far so good. Everything fits fine, and it seems like the idler should clear the hood fine. I mistakenly bought too few of the bolt that attaches the tensioner to the block and idler to the tensioner, because the parts diagram didn't have enough pieces on it, but I noticed it last week and should have them by the weekend.

Motor vehicle Product Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

Can't say that I'm looking forward to getting the belt on...but 🤞.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,146 Posts
So far so good. Everything fits fine, and it seems like the idler should clear the hood fine. I mistakenly bought too few of the bolt that attaches the tensioner to the block and idler to the tensioner, because the parts diagram didn't have enough pieces on it, but I noticed it last week and should have them by the weekend.

View attachment 106093

Can't say that I'm looking forward to getting the belt on...but 🤞.
It’s easier than it seems. I thought it was going to be a task as well but once you have it all lined up in the proper order it slides right on after pressing on the auto tensioner with a wrench.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Changed the oil before I set off. 4.5qt came out including what was in the filter. Went with a s2000 filter and it took 5qt to get to the top of the k20z3 dipstick. I've got a steel k24 pan and balance shafts deleted, which K-Tuned tells me calls for a k20a2/k20z1 oil level on the dipstick. It took me an extra .5qt to get to 3/4 of the way up in that range.

No clatter, and no shavings in the oil or on the magnetic drain plug so hopefully no damage done. Drove a couple miles, didn't wind it out because it was late, but it feels good.

--Matt

121 - 125 of 125 Posts