Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When dropping the stock K24A4 back into the 2003 Accord, I noticed a few issues with the wiring. Looks like at some point I broke some of the harness clips off for some of the sensors or stripped them out completely (when removing the engine or dropping back in).

I'm looking for some assistance here with how to determine the following:
  • What sensors do the wires belong to?
  • In what order do the wires go within its respective clips (for example, that's the pin order)?
  • Where can I purchase new clips from, if possible?
  • What pin types are these? Any recommendations on where to purchase them from?
In these two pictures, I'd like to know what pin type this is so that I can purchase replacement ones for the broken ones. Also, noice the green broken plastic connector clip in the second picture? Where can I get the green plastic sensor clips from?:

I don't know what sensor these three wires below are for but it's definitely for a sensor on the cylinder head. It's one of the cam sensors, I believe. However, I'm not sure if it's for the intake or exhaust sensor (assuming it is for the camshaft). I also don't know in what order in a new clip they need to be pined in:

Any help is always appreciated.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
@unix4linux there is some good info in these threads that should answer some of your wiring questions. I have my harness off the engine at the moment, so if you need pics of anything specific I can go get them later when I’m home.
Thanks again for pointing me to these links. However, after looking through these for 2 or 3 days, I haven't been able to find the info I need. The closest I got was the crank sensor pinout but that I didn't need.

I'm still needing to figure out the pinout order for cam TDC sensors so that I can repin them in the right order as well as the pin type so I can purchase some new ones and also new clips.

There are other wires I posted above that I still don't know what sensors those may go to.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Okay dont let me forget to check back in on this in the am. I think I can help you out but have the bookmarks on the work computer.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
The 2 wire one near the cylinder head might be coolant temp.
Do you have an idea of about the general area where they attach? Any pictures of the sensors? A more broad picture of the bay/wiring will be more helpful to me. Have you traced it back to the PCM connector? If you know that then it will be VERY easy to narrow it down for you

• In what order do the wires go within its respective clips (for example, that's the pin order)?
If you find them in the PDFs then it will be detailed.
Cycle Terminal, I have purchased from this seller in the past, all OEM made connectors, unless noted.
Corsa Technic, I have not purchased anything from this retailer, however has some additional and other odd ball connectors available. There are others out there, such as ballingermotorsports. but their website is kind of clunky to navigate even if you are well versed in the connectors.
They appear to all be Sumitomo sealed HX 040, I think. That and the HX 090 are very common on the k series engines.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 2 wire one near the cylinder head might be coolant temp.
Do you have an idea of about the general area where they attach? Any pictures of the sensors? A more broad picture of the bay/wiring will be more helpful to me. Have you traced it back to the PCM connector? If you know that then it will be VERY easy to narrow it down for you

If you find them in the PDFs then it will be detailed.
Cycle Terminal, I have purchased from this seller in the past, all OEM made connectors, unless noted.
Corsa Technic, I have not purchased anything from this retailer, however has some additional and other odd ball connectors available. There are others out there, such as ballingermotorsports. but their website is kind of clunky to navigate even if you are well versed in the connectors.
They appear to all be Sumitomo sealed HX 040, I think. That and the HX 090 are very common on the k series engines.
Thank you very, very much! I'll take some better pictures of where I think the plugs go into on the cylinder head in a little while. I'll also look through these to see if I can figure it out as well. I have not traced them to the PCM at all yet but will if I need to. Is every wire a unique color pattern all the way back to the PCM? If so, I can then just use the diagram/pinout of the PCM connectors to figure it out.

I'll report back as soon as I have more info. Again, I really appreciate the time you have taken with this!

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,302 Posts
Thank you very, very much! I'll take some better pictures of where I think the plugs go into on the cylinder head in a little while. I'll also look through these to see if I can figure it out as well. I have not traced them to the PCM at all yet but will if I need to. Is every wire a unique color pattern all the way back to the PCM? If so, I can then just use the diagram/pinout of the PCM connectors to figure it out.

I'll report back as soon as I have more info. Again, I really appreciate the time you have taken with this!
Every wire should be the same color at the ecu pin as it is at the sensor 👍 unless someone has messed with it before and didn’t use matching color wire.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Every wire should be the same color at the ecu pin as it is at the sensor 👍 unless someone has messed with it before and didn’t use matching color wire.
Perfect, so I should be able to trace it back to the ECU and with the ECU harness pin diagram, I should be able to identify what sensor it's for. I just need to find the pin order at the sensor side now. I'll continue to look through the PDF's for that.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Yeah, it will be a unique color that will tell the sensor. These harnesses have a common power and ground splice pack near the top of the transmission in the harness

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
So the last picture. All green wire is CMPB, plug a on the pcm and the yel/blk is power and the brn/yel ground.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So the last picture. All green wire is CMPB, plug a on the pcm and the yel/blk is power and the brn/yel ground.
I'm in the process of ordering the pins and clips so that I can knock this out.

Thanks again for tracking that down. I was still looking through the pinout diagrams.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts