hybrid racing said:1. You do not need the RSX subframe.TrueZen said:I just picked up a 94 Civic CX hatch to swap my K20 in(sheds tear over totalled RSX-S ) and I need a little help in knowledge before attempting the swap. Just a list of questions I've been pondering over for awhile. I will update post if anything else comes to mind.
1. Do I need to use the RSX subframe in the swap? I remember hearing somewhere that I would, but can't remember the source at this time.
2. Would I be able to retain the use of the immobilizer? I have all the part necessary from my RSX, as long as the wiring harness supports it, would it be a possibility?
3. Has someone made a harness that supports the electric reverse lockout? If not, is it possible?
4. To those people who've done their swap already, what did you do for piping after the header? And what header did you use? Cat/Catless?
5. I really liked the post on intakes and the pic's with the Prototype Racing velocity stack. The stack though is just the straight section of pipe, correct? If so, would anyone be able to suggest a good place to look for similar aluminum piping? Or could I just get two vel. stacks and mandrel bend one of them?
I had another question which I can't remember right now, but I'll post up later if I can remember it.
2. You can use the immobilizer from the RSX you just need to wire everything in. Let me know if you need help with this.
3. It is possible to wire it in.
4. We used a comptech header with a custom flange and no cat.
5. I didn’t see this post. Where was it again?
Let us know if you have any other questions.
what is an immobilizer???