Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is my first time posting here but am an Avid User on H-T. How is the clearence with you guys with Swaps into your EGs of the Oilpan compared to your original Clearence on your b series swaps or your D series motors? I have a 93 hatch and its slammed with a D series in it. I would probably plan to keep it that way if i went with a k series swap in the future. If not i might go with another car in the honda family if the clearence is god awful. Thanks for hearing me out.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have k20a R in EG.

measuring from the ground to the crest of the front fender I have 25"s.
Oil pan is about 4.5" from the ground.

Ill be at import vs domestic if you want to check it out.. Ill be showing.

tag is 6spd eg

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Up any one have personal testiments of how low you can go with out doing damage with a k20 oilpan on an EG.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have about 3.5 to 4 inches of clearance on my oilpan and already put a hole in one oilpan. Keep in mind I live in san francisco and drive the car daily. I just came too fast over a crest and bottomed the oilpan. But the ground clearance is fine if you drive on normal streets. san fran was the worst streets

·
Registered
122 Posts
BolivianFuego said:
With that said, how low is your car?
There is about a 1 finger gap in the wheel wells.

eg with 15 inch rims

driving is perfectly fine. Its the going up and down san francisco hills that kills the motor. Plus the roads suck as well.

·
Registered
122 Posts
allmtrallday said:
nice ride bro. i noticed alot of people have those hood lift bushings or whatever they are. just wondered if you had to do that for clearance, because mine sits fine without hood lifts.
No I did it because the motor puts out so much heat(since the header is so close to the firewall) that the needed a way to dissipate the heat. It made a difference.

Plus I am a ricer :wink:

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
taqman15 said:
[

No I did it because the motor puts out so much heat(since the header is so close to the firewall) that the needed a way to dissipate the heat. It made a difference.

thats weird, i havent had any problems with mine being hot. we are all ricers in some peoples minds. but nothing looks ricer to me about your car. .

·
Registered
122 Posts
allmtrallday said:
taqman15 said:
[

thats weird, i havent had any problems with mine being hot. we are all ricers in some peoples minds. but nothing looks ricer to me about your car. .
I need to custom make a heat shield for the header. It gets really warm inside the car on hot days(not like there is many of those in san fran). Either that or wrap the header.

I am used to it though

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice. The only thing im scared of is if i go K swapped lowering will not be good. I will probably drop the car so all the wheels are tucked. Now thats a scary thought.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.