Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1989, Honda, CRX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting to K-swap my '89 CRX. I have a JDM k24a2 and a 5MT from a base RSX (02-04). The transmission is missing the solenoid, 28251-PNS-003 , but I do not know if this particular part is necessary for my swap. Would someone be able to let me know or point me to a previous discussion containing my answers.

Thank you

·
Registered
163 Posts
That is a reverse lockout solenoid. It prevents one from shifting into reverse instead of 6th over a certain speed.

That diagram you have is of a MT shift arm for a Type S. If you look at the diagram of a MT shift arm for a base RSX (below), that solenoid is not present. So since you are using a 5 speed from a base RSX, you do not need that solenoid.

·
Registered
1989, Honda, CRX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a reverse lockout solenoid. It prevents one from shifting into reverse instead of 6th over a certain speed.

That diagram you have is of a MT shift arm for a Type S. If you look at the diagram of a MT shift arm for a base RSX (below), that solenoid is not present. So since you are using a 5 speed from a base RSX, you do not need that solenoid.

View attachment 104425
Okay, that makes a lot of sense. As I stated I'm doing a K-swap but have a 5MT on hand instead of a 6MT. I wanted to know if it was something that I would need for the swap. So thank you for clarifying that for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts