Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that on many of these track purpose build cars that people will strip the entire interior, paint it, then install what they need, but most re-install the heater core also.

Is there a reason why this isn't just thrown out to save the weight? I can't figure if it's necessary to have, or just a requirement from some tracks.

Any help is appreciated, as I've started a build and currently have it removed. Was just curious why some leave it in.

thanks

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
My hatch is a street car and it doesnt have a heater core/ plenum in it... :rolleyes:

But to answer your question... I dont see it being required at any track

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Not needed if its a track car, just loop it on the engine, but for me i kept it cause it would get cold driving it around town, a heater core is nice when you are out at night.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Heater cores to the garbage. Put a hoody, jacket, and some gloves on and u be good. I drove my car the other night and i only was cold on my hands. And it was like 15 degrees outside. And the car has a roll cage and no back panels. Plus s2k seats. So it wasnt that bad.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the replies guys....always saw it funny how guys would strip everything but leave that in. I guess it's just a matter of who can stand the cold better then others.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
thanks for the replies guys....always saw it funny how guys would strip everything but leave that in. I guess it's just a matter of who can stand the cold better then others.
Yeah, it also depends on where you live. Here in New York sometimes it get really cold and i can't see my self without heat. but its a personal choice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts