Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mods would I need to hit 250whp to 300whp on n/a, because I searched on Club RSX and this one guy named "edo" hit between 240 to 250whp...how can I hit that goal?

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you follow his mod-path you may hit the same ballpark figures. Just remember the key is through lots of testing & tuning.

·
Registered
929 Posts
also do you know if they used a Dyno JET or Dyno PAK????

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
supafly said:
also do you know if they used a Dyno JET or Dyno PAK????
`02 NBP

Mystery mod(s) worth an additonal 30hp! - ~250 dynojet whp / ~165 wtq

Ported BV head w/Cat Cams Sport 902's (4100rpm vtec, motul 5w40/motul Gear 300):
Dynapack 238.5whp / 157.3wtq

Ported BV head w/K20A cams (5200rpm vtec, mobil 1/honda mtf):
Dynapack 237.5whp / 160.9wtq

Ported BV head w/Toda cams(5200rpm vtec, motul 5w40/motul Gear 300):
Dynapack 246.2whp / 162.2wtq
Dynojet 221.1whp / 156.2wtq (SAE Corrected) - 223.3whp / 157.8wtq (Actual)

Ported BV head w/Toda cams(4100rpm vtec, motul 5w40/motul Gear 300):
Dynapack - retest pending
Dynojet 223.1whp / 154.6wtq (SAE Corrected)

Stock head dyno's w/K20A cams:
Dynapack 242.4whp / 169.9wtq - Dynojet 216.1whp / 154.9wtq (SAE Corrected) - 220.4whp / 158wtq (Actual)

Sacramento 03/26/03 - [email protected] - [email protected]

Famoso 03/23/03 - [email protected] - [email protected]

Firebird 03/22/03 - [email protected]

California Speedway, infield course - 1:20

Willow Springs, Streets - 1:30's

Current state of tune:
AEM CAI - Hondata K20A derivitive reflash - Hondata intake gasket - K20A intake manifold 64.8mm port matched - 70mm taper to 64.8mm bored TB - Comptech Race Header - ES motor mount inserts - JIC Carbon Fiber rear strut tower brace - JIC FLT-A2 - neg. 2.6 camber w 1/8" toe out (corner weighted & balanced 50/50) - Specialty Products Rear camber arms - 2.25 neg. Zero toe - K20A Final Drive - UR SS pulley set - Motul synthetics: Tranny & Motor Oil - 5zigen Fire Titanium Catback Exhaust - D3 Designs Front strut tower brace and lower x-brace - Revo SS and Capyoda bushings - ES front/rear control arm bushing set - Base RSX front brake setup w/Axxis Ultimates (Drag Setup) - Rotora Big Brake Kit (Road Race Setup) - AEM Rear Big Brake Rotor w/ Axxis Ultimates rear brake pads - ATE Super Blue brake fluid - 5zigen FN01-RC (road race) w/ Toyo Proxxes RA1 235/40/17 - 5zigen FN01-R (street) - Azenis 225/45/17 - Hyperground Universal kit - Ignition Solutions Plasma Direct Coils - Factory front sway with Energy Suspension urethane bushings - Hotchkis Adjustable rear sway bar, competition endlinks - SealsIt Rod End seals 3/8" (16 total) - Bogart Drag Wheels 15 x 8(Front) 15 x 4(Rear) - M&H Racemaster Drag Slicks and skinnies 23 x 8(Front) - 24 x 3.6(Rear) - Toda valve springs - Ti retainers - 12100-PRB-A00 - competition headwork with 36mm (+1mm over stock) IN stainless valves, Toda Spec A cams - ATS 1600kg Carbon clutch and Flywheel package - Driveshaft Shop extreme level 5 axle/hub system - OS Giken Superlock LSD

Next mods:
custom billet cams
Individual Throttle Body Induction - Pending Install

AEM V2 - custom tuning pending
Comptech Race Exhaust - Release Pending

That's his sig off ClubRSX and I wanna know that the hell is that 30hp gain he got..i bet its from NOS, cause I dont wanna just have simple bolt ons and then have to get rid of them because I would need to boost to make over 300whp, and find out somebody out there with 300whp on n/a without spending so much money...man I would be pissed off.

·
Registered
565 Posts
may have removed the A/C and P/S, hondata intake gasket, his throttle body etc.. there are lots of his mods on the car that havent been listed on the different dyno results.. even his exhaust and headers.. Plus does he give you a starting power figure????

I will post up my dyno results after I have had my car dyno'd next week.. I run a re-configured programmable stand-alone ECU, with toda VTC killer cam gears, with no P/S or A/C plus a modified fuel rail, intake etc etc etc..

·
Registered
285 Posts
i think prototype racing got like 250whp on their k20a with hondata, header, exhaust, throttle body, fuel rail, and intake. they might have more but i dont really know. but then again it was a type-r to begin with(they got like 220whp just from ecu tuning).

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
K2e2vin said:
i think prototype racing got like 250whp on their k20a with hondata, header, exhaust, throttle body, fuel rail, and intake. they might have more but i dont really know. but then again it was a type-r to begin with(they got like 220whp just from ecu tuning).
They are running Toda Cams :lol:
http://hondata.com/racecar/
I think this is the car you were reffering to :?:

·
Registered
24 Posts
.... you want 300whp? shiiiit

i think 260whp is as high as it has gotten so far. and that's upping the compression a bit as well as headwork

·
Registered
24 Posts
i bet his secret mod is milling the head, or using a thin ass headgasket.
if not, higher comp pistons. the k20 loves high comp, so i hear.

320whp has been attained with a k20 already....well it was technically a 2.3L 89mm bore 92mm stroke k20

·
Registered
24 Posts
EKHondaCivic said:
.... and find out somebody out there with 300whp on n/a without spending so much money...man I would be pissed off.
i bet he spent a SHITLOAD of money on all those mods....not to mention the custom cams

·
Registered
99 Posts
yaya said:
i bet his secret mod is milling the head, or using a thin ass headgasket.
if not, higher comp pistons. the k20 loves high comp, so i hear.

320whp has been attained with a k20 already....well it was technically a 2.3L 89mm bore 92mm stroke k20
whos got 320 whp??? never heard that before...links?????

1 - 18 of 18 Posts