Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought the hybrid AC kit put all the ac lines on and got all the ac parts in. First question is do i need to use the relay cause im thinking i dont being that my car had AC before swap and it already has a relay for ac system?

My second question is shouldnt i just be able to run the original AC compressor wire to the kseries AC compressor and just wire the condensor fan like it was originally. The car already had the ac pressure switch in the reciever dryer and all the factory AC harness stuff all i did was extended the wires and connected them cause the condenser and the radiator are on oposite sides so i had to extend the wires. And whats all this talk avout repining the ecu for pressure switch and all this im just confused i believe my ac should work the way i have it i just wanna make sure before i take it to get the ac charged and look retarded and it doesnt work ? Thanks for the help guys hopefully someones got a answer

·
Registered
695 Posts
I think you can configure KPro v4 to accept a digital input to detect AC on instead of the multiplexer unit in order to increase idle speed.
The ECU can also disconnect AC at WOT past a certain rev limit if you configure and connect an appropriate AC control output.
Mind you that all the AC buttons, AC pressure switches and AC ECU control are all in series. Any can interrupt the AC signal releasing the AC clutch and with it decouple the compressor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts