Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. This is going to be kind of a noob question but i'm going to ask anyways. haha Well anyways, I'm starting my k-swap in my ek hatch right now. I pretty much have purchased everything to get it in and run. The only thing i haven't purchased yet is a wideband o2. If i was to purchase a innovate db kit, will the wideband still read in my kmanager? I want to make sure before I purchase anything. If it doesn't then I'll stick to getting the OE one. Please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
random question: always wondered if the oem primary o2 was good enough to use on a boosted car, instead of buying another wideband o2 and gauge?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
well I didnt know how fast-reacting/reading it was, and if it truly was a reliable wideband oxygen sensor... thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ohhh ok...but another question, would i be able to use a wideband gauge with the oem one? I wanna make sure before i order anything. I just want to be able to monitor my wideband.

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
ohhh ok...but another question, would i be able to use a wideband gauge with the oem one? I wanna make sure before i order anything. I just want to be able to monitor my wideband.
bump cuzid like to know the same thing before i buy the innovate wideband... if my car is equipped with a wideband already do i just buy a wideband capable gauge and thats it?

·
Registered
589 Posts
bump cuzid like to know the same thing before i buy the innovate wideband... if my car is equipped with a wideband already do i just buy a wideband capable gauge and thats it?
I'm sure you can make a guage work somehow, but probably not worth it. You can monitor AF through Kmanager (on your laptop) or buy a second wideband and monitor it that way. Or you can get a Neptune Nunerview device and hook it up to your Kpro. That thing gives out multiple readings, I think that would be worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts