Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a k24a4 head and i'm going to be using a k20a2 rocker assembly and type-s cams and cam gears.
The bottom end is a k24a4 with 02-04 tsx pistons and rods.

The question i have is will i have any clearance problems with the tsx pistons ,and would it be safe to run 50 degrees vtc?

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
better to limit the vtc angles on the tune to 45.

But the k20a2 rocker assembly is not a direct drop on the k24a4. You are going to need to trip the rocker arms a little bit. Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
better to limit the vtc angles on the tune to 45.

But the k20a2 rocker assembly is not a direct drop on the k24a4. You are going to need to trip the rocker arms a little bit. Good luck
nikos what do you mean by trip the rocker arms? i know i have to switch the dowls but what else would need to be donw?

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Sorry, type.. Trim the rockers. They do not fit as good as they do on the k20a3 head. You need to trim a little bit to allow the rockers to be able to move. It is not very hard , just when you put the rockers in, make sure that all of them can move freely

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, type.. Trim the rockers. They do not fit as good as they do on the k20a3 head. You need to trim a little bit to allow the rockers to be able to move. It is not very hard , just when you put the rockers in, make sure that all of them can move freely
So you saying i would need to trim material off of the sides of the rocker arms to get them to freely move?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ok i have a k24a4 head and i'm going to be using a k20a2 rocker assembly and type-s cams and cam gears.
The bottom end is a k24a4 with 02-04 tsx pistons and rods.

The question i have is will i have any clearance problems with the tsx pistons ,and would it be safe to run 50 degrees vtc?
I have k24a4 w/ k20z1 head, running 06+ tsx pistons / rods and running 50vtc all day.

I think the 06+ have bigger valve reliefs though but i'm not sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts