Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
i like it so far. it does make steering a little stiffer, but hey, that's why i have my dd with power steering right? get going a little bit and steering's not that bad. install is fairly simple. get a manual. now's a good time to replace those teflon sliders inside as well.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool cool, do you have the part number for those teflon things? Im cool with having stiffer steering, mine is super easy without power steering already so I wouldnt mind it lol. Thanks for the info, imma order one here within the next 2 weeks. Did you notice a difference in steering response too? :up:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
i did notice a difference. however, my car was overhauled all at once so i'm not sure if it's all steering response or torque steer... probably both :p.

item 10 is the teflon thing.

in addition, i would get items 17,18,19,8,37,7,2,3,5,16 as well.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Know this sounds dumb, but what racks does the quaife kit work on. Need a rack to work with my rwd swap. My ek power rack won't fit under the pan. Looking for different options. My choices are ef/ crx, eg manual rack, or ek manual rack.

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
The quick ratio dealio from quaife just replaces a couple parts within the rack, not sure if that is what you wanted or not.
Edit: their site just says honda. I know that they have one for the EF and the EG. According to their site http://www.quaife.co.uk/shop_category.cfm/category_id/1281/category_id/1281 one is 3.25 turns lock to lock, the other is 2.83 turns lock to lock.
Now, I always thought that the EF/EG colums were the same, differences just being the number of teeth on the rack and pinion. I have not seen anything to counter this.
Here is a good bit of info on these racks:
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1058751&page=7
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2422762

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
For a total rebuild of the rack, and the addition of the quaife kit. What is your opinions. buy a reman rack, or start with a used core and buy the parts new from honda and rebuild from there. Since I went through the front end with new bushings, bearings, and ball joints. Don't want to skimp on the rack. Want to have a new front end under the car and not have to worry about it for a while.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im just gettin a used rack from a junkyard and getting all the other things new from honda when rebuilding it with the new rack and pinion:up:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
reman rack from honda should come with everything new except the rack body, rack, and pinion. If not new reconditioned. meaning the tension bolt and nut should be new or replated, the rack boots will be new, all new seals, new bearing. Just wondering if its worth taking a reman rack apart because everything is new, or get a used rck nd buy everything new and put it in. Im probably just going to get a used rack and buy everything new. piece of mind its done right.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.