Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Will the Quaife ATB differential:
"Honda - Civic EP3 Si 5-sp, Acura RSX / RSX-S DC5 (5+6-speed) 60.309.190"
fit and work with the TSX 6 speed transmission?
my tranny is attached to the longblock already and i am debating whether to break open a practically new tranny to put a Quaife in.
do you guys think it is worth it? i mean peeps run into the 12s w/o LSDs so.
thanks,
pj

·
Registered
345 Posts
i think it will be highly beneficial with our light cars and the 6spd tranny with the k24 for traction. thats why i went with one

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Yes I have been told it will fit. You just have to take the ring gear off of the OEM Diff and install it on to the LSD, if I am not mistaken.

Which tranny are you using and in which chassis?

I didn't know there was anyone else planning on using the TSX tranny, or do you have a TSX?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
PbnJ said:
yeah, i just read this:

http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=EP_TRANS

and it doesnt look that bad.

i have the K24A2 complete pullout with the TSX 6 speed tranny going into an EK, so i am on the same boat as you jon v, let me know when hasport finishes up on the driver's(tranny) side mount we need.

thanks for your input guys,
pj
Well actually Hybrid has my tranny as we speak and should be mocking it up in an EK with a TSX block. I also sent them my new ITR steering rack and rear crssmember, used to mount more like an EG for better clearance and a little further back mounting in the engine bay. But they said they were going to make mounts for the Ek, EG, and the EK with EG/DC rear crossmember. Both of the tranny mounts are going to need to be fabricated, the rear and the side, the rear is the one they said would be a little challenging...

I will definetly let you know how things are coming along. They should have gotten started on it last week. I will have to call sometime this week and see how everything is going.

When do you plan on having your swap up and running?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
basically im just waiting for the mounts to be available and then everything will go in, so yeah let me know the hybrid mounts are ready.
thanks,
pj

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Hey PJ, do you have your shifter and cables yet?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
hondaluver said:
will this fit in my 01 civic?
The Quaife? Yah it fits the A2 tranny...

:cool:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes, i have the TSX shifter cables and the "change lever"

along with this shift knob

are on the way from japan. :D

yeah it sucks that the TSX/CL7 change lever box will not work with the karcepts kit :( , so i will be mounting mine on top of the tunnel and running the cables through the firewall, like so:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
I am still going to try and work something out with him...

Could you do me a favor and measure the cables and see how long they are? I really want to keep my center console...

What kind of shift knob is that?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i will measure as soon as i get back to the shop.
it is the Spoon Ti knob.
i would like to keep the center console as well, but at the cost of lengthening the shaft/shift throw, plus the cost of the karcepts kit, i will go w/o the console.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
We may be able to just modify the shifter base and squeeze it in on top of the tunnel under the console.

I will be getting my shifter here shortly and see what i can do.

thanks for measuring the cables for me it will really help, seeing as how I don't have mine yet...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
hey guys,
jus called quaife and they confirmed that part number 60.309.190,
"Honda - Civic EP3 Si 5-sp, Acura RSX / RSX-S DC5 (5+6-speed)"
will indeed fit the TSX 6 speed tranny!

ordering it up now!
pj

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
PbnJ said:
hey guys,
jus called quaife and they confirmed that part number 60.309.190,
"Honda - Civic EP3 Si 5-sp, Acura RSX / RSX-S DC5 (5+6-speed)"
will indeed fit the TSX 6 speed tranny!

ordering it up now!
pj
Who are you ordering from and how much?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ordering from quaife america directly. let me know if you want one, might get a better price for multiple orders.
pj

1 - 17 of 17 Posts