Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into one of these possible over cams. I am just trying to have my car able to hold the power that I want it to make and help with some of my traction issues. Where to buy and Also what have you paid for them?

·
Registered
18 Posts
well how much power are you looking to make. cause a simple fix for traction can just to get the right tire. u would want to look at getting something that is a little taller this way u have more tire to hook with. good luck.

Marcos

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Anyone have any info on the K-series Quaife? They make one for the K20a2 right? I am going to have to do a little research on this...

anyone know if they make a K24a2 version? or what it would take to cram a K20a2 quaife into my K24a2 tranny?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Why wouldn't you use the ITR LSD. Mine was fine with 220whp running slicks until I started to launch over 8000rpm and then it died.. although alot of that was related to slick sizes aswell..
The quaffie is a good option, as to where to buy them from I dunno.. I run an ATS diff cost me, well less that retail..

·
Registered
18 Posts
well going off the cost of the b-series quaiffe, i would expect 1000+. earl over on HT sells the B-series for 800 and change. but im sure it will be a bad ass peice!

Marcos

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much do the ITR diffs run (cost)? I have heard things about them not holding up but I guess that would be harsh drag use all the time. I am on the street way more than the track (daily driver) and I dont have slicks at the moment. I am looking at some 23" slicks that I have found but I dont know when I will be able to get them. I'm staying all motor as far as I know so i wont be making HUGE power for the diff to have to support. But I know Quaife is a great company and their stuff dosent break along with their lifetime warrenty.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
nikos said:
honda oem, i have seen around 350.. more or less..

The quaife from camp1320 is arounf 890 shipped

YOu can also use the ATS LSD. He has them http://www.ma-motorsports.com/

Tell the owner name Brian, Nikos recommend you there.. I believe they sell the most ATS lsds in the states.

Does ATS offer a warranty on there products?

·
Registered
74 Posts
nikos said:
honda oem, i have seen around 350.. more or less..

The quaife from camp1320 is arounf 890 shipped

YOu can also use the ATS LSD. He has them http://www.ma-motorsports.com/

Tell the owner name Brian, Nikos recommend you there.. I believe they sell the most ATS lsds in the states.
Man, those ATS diffs are spendy though. I guess you gotta shell out some dough if you want carbon clutch disks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.