Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
Yeah, if you can't get the extra out of the pedal, you will need to either modify the current wheel or replace it with another. Replacing the wheel will change speed at which the throttle opens relative to pedal movement.
When you tap the pedal with your hand, does it feel a little loose?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, if you can't get the extra out of the pedal, you will need to either modify the current wheel or replace it with another. Replacing the wheel will change speed at which the throttle opens relative to pedal movement.
When you tap the pedal with your hand, does it feel a little loose?
Thanks, i will try these and give you all an update since my car is in the shop. It has been quite a challenge to make the afi intake manifold with a q45 tbody to fit and work in a eg6 with hasport mounts. Water pump had to be cut, alternator had to be relocated, and unlike in the dc2, the throttle cable bracket has to be welded to the bottom of the manifold instead of the top due to clearance.

·
Registered
440 Posts
You're going to need to use the Q45 TPS to make it work and like signalpuke said about the wire if your ems doesn't read 0% TPS when pedal is not depress then you have it backwards. BE CAREFUL with this TB because even though you can fully extend the butterfly by hand doesn't mean that it's the max. This TB over travels the butterfly. I would have someone look at the butterfly so you can see where it is at when your depressing the pedal. Mine was around 90% TPS on the Kpro when the butterfly was open at 100%. After that we recalibrated the ems once we figured that out.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts