·
Registered
44,673 Posts
Re: q45 throttle body tps wireing

According to that link, on the Q45 throttle body:

Red is the 5 volt input wire

White is the TPS signal wire

Black is the sensor return wire

On all 5VDC TPS sensors I have seen, the two outside wires are 5VDC and ground. The center is the signal. This is the same on Honda. Just wire it up, if it reads wrong in K-pro, swap the outside wires :up:

Edit, found a pic of one installed on a manifold.
http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=89614&highlight=90mm

Edit v.2, more info and pics in the below thread.
http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69927&highlight=90mm

Meanwhile, in my build thread

a very critical and essential part came in today... and its a Nissan part lol

Q45 90mm Throttle Body... $79.99 (yes im proud of that)

This is how it would have bolted on, but its not going to happen without an adaptor. The manifold pattern and TB patter dont match...

By a little bit :(

I noticed the front spring wasnt needed, it also didnt let the throttle plate close 100% (probly a lil jammed). Its a valve that pushes it open, there was a coolant line goin into the backside of it. It probably had something to do with the cold idle. So i got rid of it.

Before.

After. Couldnt get rid of the valve so it will stay there, the coolant entry on the backside of the valve will be blocked off though. The small nut & stud you see on the top of the pic next to the mounting hole is what will be used to set the idle.

I dont have anything at home to measure it so i took a pic. I think the the Q45 tb tapers down to about a 83mm and i think the im inlet is 90mm. Which seems about right, looks like about 3.Xmm around the edges

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
Re: q45 throttle body tps wireing

question so if we have to use the q45 tb what about the Map Sensor can we use the hondata ones for boosted applications or have to use the stock nissan one?
You can use the factory one and just tap the manifold for the signal source.

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
Yeah, if you can't get the extra out of the pedal, you will need to either modify the current wheel or replace it with another. Replacing the wheel will change speed at which the throttle opens relative to pedal movement.
When you tap the pedal with your hand, does it feel a little loose?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts