Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I have an 07 SI that I'm putting a k24a2 in. I've done a ton of research up to this point but have a few things that I'm unsure of.

I see it's advised to run the z3 pan and pump so you can utilize the rear engine mount. How important is this? It sounds like a stupid question and everything in me leans toward swapping the pan, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience otherwise.

Can I use the k24a2 intake manifold and all that? I don't have a z3 engine currently, the car came as a shell. I'd like to reuse as much of the k24a2 stuff as possible. Do most of the sensors carry over, or do they all need switched? (I saw the crank and knock sensors need to be switched over but didn't see much about the others).

Should we use the k20z3 engine harness over the k24a2?

Will the k24a2 stock exhaust manifold bolt up to the exhaust? There is a catback but everything is in the usual position.

Is it required to use a K20 crank pulley or does the K24 one work?

Does the alternator and all the other add ons work from the K24, or do I need them from the K20?

Also, I'm going to be running this on FlashPro.. I took a peek in the program and didn't see any base calibrations for a k24.. What do you guys do in this case? I wanted to just run a stock k24a2 basemap on there for a bit and then tune once there were some mods done if at all possible. the k24a2 will be stock for a while.

I had a k24/k20 in a DB7 a while ago, and it was much easier than this it seems lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys, I have an 07 SI that I'm putting a k24a2 in. I've done a ton of research up to this point but have a few things that I'm unsure of.

I see it's advised to run the z3 pan and pump so you can utilize the rear engine mount. How important is this? It sounds like a stupid question and everything in me leans toward swapping the pan, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience otherwise.

Can I use the k24a2 intake manifold and all that? I don't have a z3 engine currently, the car came as a shell. I'd like to reuse as much of the k24a2 stuff as possible. Do most of the sensors carry over, or do they all need switched? (I saw the crank and knock sensors need to be switched over but didn't see much about the others).

Should we use the k20z3 engine harness over the k24a2?

Will the k24a2 stock exhaust manifold bolt up to the exhaust? There is a catback but everything is in the usual position.

Is it required to use a K20 crank pulley or does the K24 one work?

Does the alternator and all the other add ons work from the K24, or do I need them from the K20?

Also, I'm going to be running this on FlashPro.. I took a peek in the program and didn't see any base calibrations for a k24.. What do you guys do in this case? I wanted to just run a stock k24a2 basemap on there for a bit and then tune once there were some mods done if at all possible. the k24a2 will be stock for a while.

I had a k24/k20 in a DB7 a while ago, and it was much easier than this it seems lol

I see it's advised to run the z3 pan and pump so you can utilize the rear engine mount. How important is this? It sounds like a stupid question and everything in me leans toward swapping the pan, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience otherwise. Yes the Z3 pan bolts up the k24a2 black fine. Everyone switches over the k20A2 rsx oil pump because of the no balance shafts to free up some hp.

Can I use the k24a2 intake manifold and all that? I don't have a z3 engine currently, the car came as a shell. I'd like to reuse as much of the k24a2 stuff as possible. Do most of the sensors carry over, or do they all need switched? (I saw the crank and knock sensors need to be switched over but didn't see much about the others). You can use the k24A2 intake manifold but most prefer to use the RBC manifold that comes on the Z3 because it has shorter, fatter runners for up top hp. And yes most of the sensors you can keep from the k24A2 except a few. Their is a sticky in the engine building section of a guy with a DIY of the swap that shows which need to be transferred over.

Should we use the k20z3 engine harness over the k24a2?Yes.

Will the k24a2 stock exhaust manifold bolt up to the exhaust? There is a catback but everything is in the usual position.This is where the problem comes. Apparently, even with the CR-V mount the deck height is still too tall for most aftermarket headers and even stock header to clear the FG/FA firewall. Some have said that the skunk2 megapower header fits with some slight modification. Only full proof option is a custom header from ASP.

Is it required to use a K20 crank pulley or does the K24 one work? K20 crank.

Does the alternator and all the other add ons work from the K24, or do I need them from the K20? You can either use the ones from a K24 or K20. Doesn't matter.

Also, I'm going to be running this on FlashPro.. I took a peek in the program and didn't see any base calibrations for a k24.. What do you guys do in this case? I wanted to just run a stock k24a2 basemap on there for a bit and then tune once there were some mods done if at all possible. the k24a2 will be stock for a while. Get ahold of an e-tuner and have him send you a basemap for the swap. It's out there.

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me. I too was very interested in this swap but the whole header ideal has turned me away from it.

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
It's very important that you use the z3 oil pan so that you can utilize that rear mount setup.. The Civic si does not have a rear mount bracket on the transmission like the Rsx and Ep3 does. The only rear mount it uses is that one that bolts to the oil pan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts