Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Got Boost? said:
I searched and couldn't find a good answers so maybe you could help me out? :dance:
A/C i know for a fact is possible. Brian from Fastbrakes is running it in his K24 powered EH2.

Power steering i would imagine you may run into clearance problems with.

·
Registered
21,783 Posts
some guy on here managed to keep both in a prelude swap, i dunno what gen though, i think it may be possble, but requires some massive custom fabrication :up: i dont have any experience though, but its like mark mckinney says anything is possible with enough $$$. he was the first guy in the U.S. i think with an rb26dett in a 240 in the states... :up:

·
Registered
64 Posts
yes u can run both a/c and power steering but u need to cut and splice the hose because eg hoses do not fit in the rsx power steering pump .as for ac u just need to run new hoses as rad is switched to other side and so are to short to reach!

·
Registered
537 Posts
yellowman said:
yes u can run both a/c and power steering but u need to cut and splice the hose because eg hoses do not fit in the rsx power steering pump .as for ac u just need to run new hoses as rad is switched to other side and so are to short to reach!
yep.

Ive heard there can be issues with the p/s pump, concerning hood clearence on some eg's...something to do with the pulley. I know they ran into that problem with my car but I havent seen the "fix" for it yet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
just notch stock hood so pulley will clear!some people have carbon fiber hoods and may not have to do this.I have seen a guy on this site who making a fiber glass hood that will have no problems clearing!

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
would it be hard in my car since i have a 99-00 civic front end conversion on my 92 civic hatch.i mean its a lil bit more enlongated so is that a lil bit more room?or no?

·
Registered
3 Posts
T-Charged-Civic said:
You can use Power Steering, that's what I'm doing, instead of a pump which uses the Belt, you can use Electric pump, such as in let's say "Citroen Berlingo", I took its pump, its 12Volts, soon I'm gonna do it, will let you know when its all done.

y00....you definitely have to atleast email me pictures after the install of that pwer steering pump if not post them up here. where are you going to mount it? good choice in mod IMHO..........you think of that one urself or someone mention it to ya??? what year u putting this in?

good luck!

mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've used a citroen saxo hydraulic pump before for this, and it's perfect. it has just 2 wires (type dependant) and a system is easily built with an external resevoir. built this for my delsol, but ditched it in favor of a manual rack. pumps are expensive though, around 180 euro (approx 220$)
still have one left.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
from what I've heard power steering is a no and conventional AC is the same. However some guys up here in sac are running their AC compressors of the axles. Haven't seen it yet but I thinks its a novel substitution.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.