Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hasport, Hybrid racing, and R Crew are the only ones i have heard of at this point, yet i know nothing about any of them.

What are the differences?

Are any of them really fully PnP?

Which one would you choose?

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
I'm not sure about R Crew, but i can tell you that hasport wanted me to send them the harness from the k-motor and the indash harness from my car and they would modifiy them for $350, and two weeks later you'll have a harness. For me, i'm still driving my car so the I couldn't take my car off the road for two weeks to wait for them to finish.

Hybrid Racing on the other hand, I called them told them what i had and a week later i had a harness with full instructions. Instructions seem very very simple, and if i have any questions they said don't hesitate to call. Oh and that was $350 and i didn't have to send them anything.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have chosen Hybrid-Racing to make me a one-off harness for my application. The reason for this custom harness is so I can run a RSX-S cluster in my 2000 hatch. In order to do this I need to supply harnesses out of my 2000 hatch. I (like you) are in the same boat - i need to drive my car until the install - so I bought duplicates of all the ek's harnesses I needed.

EK Harnesses
engine/firewall harness - (also known as cabin harness)
floor harness -
instrument cluster - (dash/radio/etc) harness
front harness - (headlights, a/c - also known as engine room harness) - which may not be needed but I got anyways

RSX Harnesses & Parts
engine harness
charging harness
interior harness
multiplexor (built into under-the-dash fuse box)
gauge cluster

NOTE TO HYBRID RACING - the last harness I needed to get is in the mail :D won't be long till I ship out to you.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hybrid racing said:
Here is the link to more info on the harness:

http://www.hybrid-racing.com/harness_fabrication.html
Thanks.

Any additional wiring needed when using the hybrid harness? If so, can you clue us in to what it may be?

Are all the warning lights such as the CEL, alternator, brakefluid, etc... still functional?

How is the fuel pump operated? Ignition or by the ECU?

TIA

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
well i paid only 200 for mine, from r crew. and from what ive heard, its the same as all the others. there are like 5 wires that needed to be put into place. and my car is running cherry.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
allmtrallday said:
well i paid only 200 for mine, from r crew. and from what ive heard, its the same as all the others. there are like 5 wires that needed to be put into place. and my car is running cherry.
Same as in? I'll pose these same questions about the Rcrew harness also:

Any additional wiring needed when using the R crew harness? If so, can you clue us in to what it may be?

Are all the warning lights such as the CEL, alternator, brakefluid, etc... still functional?

I'm just trying to get some info on how the different harnesses compare to one another here. Kinda give people a good idea of what they can expect from each one.

Hopefully the Hasport guys can chime in at some point too.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
All functions of the gauge cluster are kept such as: coolant temp, mil, charging system indicator, and brake indicator. There is additional wiring with the harness. The harness does not require a core but there is an incentive if you send them in.

A PNP harness is available for those who do not wish to do the wiring on there own.

The Harness takes 2-3 days to ship out and can be customized for your specific ECU/Setup.

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
#2 said:
allmtrallday said:
Same as in? I'll pose these same questions about the Rcrew harness also:

Any additional wiring needed when using the R crew harness? If so, can you clue us in to what it may be?

I'm just trying to get some info on how the different harnesses compare to one another here. Kinda give people a good idea of what they can expect from each one.

Hopefully the Hasport guys can chime in at some point too.
there are 5 loose wires which instructions will tell you where they go. yes all the warning lights are fully functional.

·
My other car is a S2000
185 Posts
Are the harnesses any different if I chose to use a stock RSX-S ECU vs. K-Pro?

I'd assume that the connectors are the same seeing that many RSX-S owners are just swapping in K-Pro's for tuning.

Please advise....thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Luder94 said:
Are the harnesses any different if I chose to use a stock RSX-S ECU vs. K-Pro?

I'd assume that the connectors are the same seeing that many RSX-S owners are just swapping in K-Pro's for tuning.

Please advise....thanks.
KPro is just an ECU replacement. All of the wiring is the same regardless

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
If you are running the Kpro you do not need the secondary O2 wires as having the kpro allows you to disable this sensor all together.

There are a few other minor changes such as the ELD and immobilizer wiring.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
hybrid racing said:
If you are running the Kpro you do not need the secondary O2 wires as having the kpro allows you to disable this sensor all together.

There are a few other minor changes such as the ELD and immobilizer wiring.
well, some people might want to keep those things even on a Kpro.

although like you said: they can be customized per the buyer's request

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Is there any write ups on how to take the harness off of a DC5R and modifying them yourself to work? I plan to run K pro also.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.