Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm currently finishing up my DC5 race car for road racing. I have my RSX full size Koyo Radiator and a FAL single 12inch Part#112 pending install. My question is (1) Can i use only 1 single 12inch fan since i do not have AC in the vehicle and run cool enough for road racing. (2) Push or Pull setup for the fan? (3) What is the best way to wire this up for my purpose? Any recommendations will be GREAT.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
For road racing, the radiator is probably more important than the fan.

Reason being that you always have air flowing into the front of the car. In a proper setup, you fan will probably never even come on until you get back to the pits and let the car sit for a moment.

If you have space, it surely won't hurt to run 2 fans. Run them as pullers. You don't want them obstructing air flow into the radiator.

Will you be running coolant? straight water? or something else?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am planning to run 75 percent water and 25 percent coolant with royal purple ice add-on. So i understand that Puller fan setup is on the inside mounted like the stock fan setup, but when the fan is blowing, is it suppose to blow against the radiator or away from it? Thank you for your time and help

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
I'm not familiar with the royal purple additive, but people have had good results with redline water wetter.

The puller fan is mounted inside the engine bay and pulls air through the radiator. The pusher mounts in front of the radiator and pushes air through it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm not familiar with the royal purple additive, but people have had good results with redline water wetter.

The puller fan is mounted inside the engine bay and pulls air through the radiator. The pusher mounts in front of the radiator and pushes air through it.
what is better a puller or pusher for a Daily Driver/ weekend drags warrior ??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts