Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

401 - 420 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is a Honda crv passenger side motor mount a must for a k24 swap into a ek?
Email from Hasport

Hasport [email protected]

8:29 AM (3 hours ago)

to me
On 1/12/2013 1:49 AM, Hasport wrote:

Name: Ramcharger310
E-mail: ******@gmail.com
Telephone:

Comment: Hello,

I am inquiring about your EGK3 motor mount kit for the EG Civic chasis for use in a K series swap.

Does the kit fill the need of having to use a CRV passenger side mount when installing a K24a2?

Thank you,

Ramcharger310

"you still need to swap the crv bracket on the k24 engine"

Click here to Reply or Forward
Here is some pics regarding the CRV mount from 8thGen Civic

The CRV mount: The CRV mount is just a shorter version of the Civic Si one. It's to make up for that added height of the 2.4L block. You don't use the stud from the old mount. Just get 2 17mm bolts long enough to go through the mount and put a significant length of thread into the bracket.

Pic credits to: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/engine/96928-k24-k20-frankenstien-swap-what-needs-done.html

As you know the K24a2 passenger side mount sticks way out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
How can I find out which mount I have?

The k24 I got was swapped into a 05 accord and ended up getting rearended.

I can upload a pic if you need to see it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
What are the specs on all the tranny to block bolts?......length, thread pitch, diameter.

I don't know it this matters but I need them to mate my k20a2 type-s tranny to my k24a2 block.

Please let me know.

Another question, what rad is recommended for track use? (circuit racing), I want to go with a full rad but then would have to make a custom 3.5" ram air intake or I can just use the ktuned half rad and used their ram are with a v-stack.

Input will be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
K20z1 ECU/Kpro issue help

I was wondering if you could help me. Hondata doesn't want to talk to anybody but a dealer, so I am seeking a little assistance.

The 2006 k20z1 (type-s) engine has already been swapped into my 92 civic hatchback. I had to buy a 02-04 ECU for Hondata to install a K-pro (for the ecu). Everything is wired by PDX motors. A 02-04 to 05-06 conversion harness was installed per K-tuned. and the K-pro program is recognizing everything correctly, however, it is not reading any speed when the car is in motion. A speed regulator was purchased from K-tuned and it was installed. The vehicle is recognizing the speed, but the k-pro program is not recognizing any speed, so the engine light comes on after about a mile, and I lose v-tec.

Is there any way you guys can help me? PDX motorsports in Troutdale has looked at it and they think that I may need an updated K-pro (since I have a 06 engine/tranny with an 02-04 ecu)

If you guys can assist me and get this car running

Shane

·
Registered
35 Posts
What are the specs on all the tranny to block bolts?......length, thread pitch, diameter.

I don't know it this matters but I need them to mate my k20a2 type-s tranny to my k24a2 block.

Please let me know.

Nice combo. Follow Signalpuke's link, they have the downloadable factory service manuals for the RSX & TSX. They will give you the exact specifications.

Another question, what rad is recommended for track use? (circuit racing), I want to go with a full rad but then would have to make a custom 3.5" ram air intake or I can just use the ktuned half rad and used their ram are with a v-stack.

Input will be appreciated.

I can't answer this. I am barely in my swap phase. I would try the racing forum on this site.
Answers in red.

·
Registered
1 Posts
side question here, but does anyone know if i can use the TSX shifter box/cables or if i have to get the RSX-S shifter box? thanks!

·
Registered
225 Posts
What do you guys that swap k's into 96-98 civic's do with the heater core holes on the fire wall, since its wire controlled?

Since the wire is there the piece that goes on one of the holes has a weird angle.

Any input or pix to the solution would help.

Thanks.
Sam

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys,

New here and I'm not sure if anyone has said anything about this. I didn't want to make a new thread or anything so I'll ask here.

Is anyone able to help me with a "budget" brake set up/the best bang for buck brake set up for a K24 EG? I currently have just slotted 262mm rotors and calipers. Rears have been upgraded to disc brakes too. I need a brake set up sufficient enough so that I can get an "engineers certificate" (from Australia. Need it to register the car).

I'm not sure whether or not upgrading the calipers, brake pads and braided brake lines will be enough or will I need a BBK/282mm brakes from, say a DC2R.

I am just looking for the best bang for buck really. Trying to save money.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi All,

I'm in the process of installing a k24 into an EG civic (originally carby) and the issue I'm having is that the PLM headers is sitting on the steering rack (no gap as it wraps under the rack and subframe). The supplier says it could be due to being a carby subframe.

My question is can any one confirm if there is any differences between the carby and efi front subframes (from my searches there were no differences but wanted to confirm this)?

Many thanks in advance,
Mic

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi All,

I'm in the process of installing a k24 into an EG civic (originally carby) and the issue I'm having is that the PLM headers is sitting on the steering rack (no gap as it wraps under the rack and subframe). The supplier says it could be due to being a carby subframe.

My question is can any one confirm if there is any differences between the carby and efi front subframes (from my searches there were no differences but wanted to confirm this)?

Many thanks in advance,
Mic
If you got the PLM 4-2-1 v1 header design, that would be the problem. The PLM 4-2-1 v2 (skunk2 style) will fit perfectly for your K24 swap RHD. We have done plenty of K-swaps and know all the small issue RHD cars encounter

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok I read you can use the 03 05 accord throttle body. My question is what throttle cable kit I need. I have a k24a2 going into an eg hatch . Already have the throttle body. Just curious on the cable situation

401 - 420 of 424 Posts