Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

381 - 400 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
swapped k24a2 having issues...need help!

Just swapped a 24a2 into a 1993 eg civic...I dont have a o2 sensor on there right now and at first it idled perfect but now it is surging at idle and it is very annoying...I want to get it tuned but dont have enough $ right now... do you think the surging could be re programed through kmanager? i remember turning the idle up a little in order to get the motor to run....should i turn it down some? It was colder outside when i got the motor out of the shop and now its warmed up some....
:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
help me quick need to know if i need to buy a new tranny bc i heard the k24 tranny doesnt work with the swap to put in bc of the mounts i dont have them where do i get them i have a k20motor with a k24 tranny need help fast where do you find theses mounts for the tranny at i have a eg bubble

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
help me quick need to know if i need to buy a new tranny bc i heard the k24 tranny doesnt work with the swap to put in bc of the mounts i dont have them where do i get them i have a k20motor with a k24 tranny need help fast where do you find theses mounts for the tranny at i have a eg bubble
Dont think you can use that trans.
I havent heard of anyone using it..

There is info on it in the transmission part of this forum.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i actually read a thread where u can use the tsx trans on an eg k24a2 swap because i was considering doing it, u just have to mount it differently. maybe on hondatech. i know it can be done tho

·
Registered
1 Posts
damnit bobby wish the pics worked... whats the best transmission to use with this swap? I found mainly opinons no solid answer

·
Registered
4,294,967,295 Posts
damnit bobby wish the pics worked... whats the best transmission to use with this swap? I found mainly opinons no solid answer
For the K24A2 in an EG? The RSX-S K20A2 transmission would be my recommendation. Depends on the purpose of the car, tire height, and future engine power goals. There are some good resources in the transmission section, sticky'd at the top, that include some gearing/tire calcs as well as the list of factory ratios.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Is it still necessary to use the crv mount now that we have the newer Hasport EGK3 mounts?
I think the egk3 are just used if you want to run the tsx or accord tranny I think you would still need to order the bracket as the mounts can still be used for either k20 or k24 motor just different tranny set up

381 - 400 of 424 Posts