Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
39,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product in question . . .

The Omnipower clutch master cylinder reduces the clutch pedal travel by 45% over the stock pedal travel. This greatly improves the shifter to pedal travel ratio allowing much faster and more accurate shifting. With the condensed pedal travel it also improves the performance and longevity of the clutch by allowing faster engagment.

Price is $149.99
K20A.ORG members $130 shipped.

Units will be available September 1st 2009. anyone wishing to pre-order to ensure they receive one may do so.

thanks steve

below is a diagram of how they work

So, I recently picked one of these babies up hoping it is and works as well as Steve from OmniPower said it does and it is everything that he said and then some, haha.

The unit is well constructed and is a bolt on affair. The clutch pedal, once bled, basically sits at about the same level as the dead pedal in my 1996 Civic Coupe.

I installed this unit before taking the trip to Nashville, TN for Import Alliance 2009, which in duration is about 16 hours one way from NYC and this cylinder was an absolute dream to drive with on even such a long distance drive. One merely needs to tap the clutch pedal to shift up or down and that's it as it engages at a moments notice when ur feet touched the pedal. You always hear companies promising this, that and the third, but I can honestly say that this things performs just as well as Omnipower has repeatedly stated in his thread.; truly a short shifter for ur clutch haha!

It took me a couple of hours to get used to the pedal feel but from then on it was as if I've had this in my car for years. The pedal being at the level of the dead pedal basically gets rid of the travel that exists with the stock clutch cylinder. With this cylinder u can depress and shift without any hesitation or worries that it wouldn't be engaging. This unit would undoubtedly cut down times for all the racers on here whether u race on the drag strip or on a road course or even occassional spirited driving.

Simply put, forking over $150.00 for this unit is one of the best mods u can do to ur k swapped car, without a doubt! So, show OmniPower some support and hopefully he will continue to come out with some more sick products for our community.

Thanks for reading. :up::up:

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts

:silly:

·
Registered
39,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't adjust anything..put the unit on and bled the clutch. I'd have to say theres little to NO play in the dead part of the pedal. :up:

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
i think steve said they were on back order till october eh? could have read that wrong form somewhere though....
No he has some... He put them up at a reasonable price for k20a.org members... Steve is :up: in my book..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice write up!

I've been looking into this for my ride and by your experiance, it just sealed the deal!

I'll be purchasing one soon, i also rock there race or drag coil over and love them!

Any warranty on it? If it leaks at the seal?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice write up!

I've been looking into this for my ride and by your experiance, it just sealed the deal!

I'll be purchasing one soon, i also rock there race or drag coil over and love them!

Any warranty on it? If it leaks at the seal?
we offer a 5 year warranty just so people know. and we also have a rebuild kit for 29.99.

the rsx,06+ Si and ep3 will be slightly more expensive ($189.99) because they come with a spacer plate and a steel braided line and fittings.

·
Registered
14,748 Posts
we offer a 5 year warranty just so people know. and we also have a rebuild kit for 29.99.

the rsx,06+ Si and ep3 will be slightly more expensive ($189.99) because they come with a spacer plate and a steel braided line and fittings.
are they available yet for the rsx?

·
Registered
191 Posts
they are not on their website
although they are not currently on the website when the production rsx kit is ready for sale we will update the site. I have an 05 type-s and have about 110k miles and counting of clutch master cylinder development on this car alone. car has 141k on it.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
hey quick question, how easy or hard is it to use this in traffic? it seems as if you have little room for error before you stall out. :eek:

1 - 20 of 98 Posts