Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to know if anybody had a problem with their dealer doing warranty work on their car because my dealer voided mine and now i have a 2002 rsx-s with a blowen tranny and no money to fix it.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
joeyo said:
i got the 2nd gear done about a month ago but now the 2nd gear is gone all the way 3rd and 4th are gone to all i have on the car is a intake and springs.
So they voided your warranty because of intake and springs?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jon v said:
So they voided your warranty because of intake and springs?
yep pretty much what happen was they told me that they needed to have a few people look at it so they looked at it and could not decide so they needed to have someone else look at it, this is where the BS come in, the person that needed to look at it could not make it so the dealer took pictures of my car and sent it to him by e-mail and from those pictures they voided the warranty.

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
Sue them.

There is a law that state law or FED law. They can’t blame your mods and void your warranty unless they can prove that that mod directly cause the failure of that part. From what I have been told its worth to print a copy of the law takes it to district manager and shove it in their face. Tell that bitch to read it or you’re suing and they will probably lose for denying your warranty because header and intake and springs won't cause the car to have fucked up tyranny. Plus you have a recall from Honda Acura on the tranny lol...USE THERE OWN RECALL AND SUE THEM :wow:

SUE THEM UNTILL THEY DROP THEIR PANTIES THEN TELL THE DISTRICT MANAGER TO STICK IT UP HIS ASS OR WHOEVER DENIED YOUR WARRANT!! :up:

MAKE THEM PAY BIG TIME.

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
SiRJOEY said:
yep pretty much what happen was they told me that they needed to have a few people look at it so they looked at it and could not decide so they needed to have someone else look at it, this is where the BS come in, the person that needed to look at it could not make it so the dealer took pictures of my car and sent it to him by e-mail and from those pictures they voided the warranty.
HAHA TOOK PICTURES LOL :down:

SUE THEM!!!!

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
when you seriously threaten to sue and ask for the main manager of the service department, they tend to usually work someting out with you, haaha, i have done it awhile ago..

·
Registered
475 Posts
good luck my friend,you might want to have a lawyer give them a call also...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
iam sry to tell u guys i told them i was going to sue, they gave me a num and told my lawer to call it, so it looks like i have to pay for i new tranny so i prob wont have a car for a long time sinch its 4500 for a new one and to rebuild the old one its 1700. :(

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ride them hard enough and you wont have to pay for it, i work for Honda and if you become irate <sp>? you should get your way. I've honestly never heard of anyones warranty getting turned down because of the MODs you listed, unless we arent getting the whole story. Just seems a bit odd.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nope thats all i have done to the car, they are trying to tell me that the tranny can not take the extra hp the intake puts out and that sinch they did it once allready out of goodwill they wont do it again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.