Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car wont start and some one told me that my injectors might be stuck cuz of my motor has been sitting for 6 months does anyone know how to get them unstuck (banging them on the floor)LOL thanks

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Honestly.... there may b other reasons why it wont start. I have had my K20 sitting for 6 months and never had a issue...

Check the other possibilities dawg.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly.... there may b other reasons why it wont start. I have had my K20 sitting for 6 months and never had a issue...

Check the other possibilities dawg.
thanks ill look it over again but i did start the car with starting fluid, so i started check out my wiring (which should be ok since it is a brand new harness from acura) and it seems to be ok so then i decided to pull the fuel rail with injectors off the intake and i tried to crank the car and only one injector#2 worked so the i thought it was the wiring , but then i decided to see if the other 3 worked so i tested them directly to the battery and they didnt work . So after banging on them i got #1 injector to fire but i cant the other 2 to work

if got any other options let me know (Db8)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone got any other suggestions

got another ? are the k24a8 injectors the same as the k20z1 injectors

·
Registered
129 Posts
I got an extra set somewhere I'd sell you, or overnite yours to RC eng. and get them cleaned and balanced. Just some friendly advice:up:

·
Registered
60 Posts
anyone got any other suggestions

got another ? are the k24a8 injectors the same as the k20z1 injectors
i believe they are both 310. have yours cleaned and see what happens

·
Registered
318 Posts
Check around your local auto stores, speed shops and the like, see if they know were you can get them cleaned.

·
Registered
60 Posts
so all i got to do is send them to rc or who else can clean them?
most local shops can do a fuel system cleaning which also cleans up the injectors. May not be as good as RC but id try that first

1 - 12 of 12 Posts