Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know on a b series the starter from an auto and manual tranny are different i just picked up a automatic starter off a friend of mine and wondering if its different from the manual one?

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
If you are new to the K series and want to know if X part will fit a K motor a good thing to do is cross reference the part number on an online Acura/Honda store OR ask before you buy. If you want me to cross reference the part numbers just let me know and I'll do it for you.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are new to the K series and want to know if X part will fit a K motor a good thing to do is cross reference the part number on an online Acura/Honda store OR ask before you buy. If you want me to cross reference the part numbers just let me know and I'll do it for you.
he had the starter laying around so he just gave it to me so no money wasted on that and ive looked around and couldnt find any differance from the auto and manual starter but i couldnt find any part number if you could cross reference it for me thatd be awesome but from what i know now itd work fine

·
Premium Member
21,524 Posts
Personally using an auto starter with a manual trans (flywheel).

No issues here :up:

McCoy's right as well, just cross referenced both part #'s for man/auto and both are identical.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

No issues here :up:

McCoy's right as well, just cross referenced both part #'s for man/auto and both are identical.
awesome! thanks you and mcCoy for the help i looked around and couldnt find anything on it only thing i heard differences from where the base and type s but that was only a few places

·
Registered
1 Posts

No issues here ?

my friend dc5 auto wont start need to change starter .. i got manual starter can it fit to his car ? or any modification needed ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts