Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to take up thread space. I am not able to send private messages. Anybody know what could cause this? They act like they are sending however I dont see them in my sent messages.

·
Registered
39,473 Posts
I see nothing wrong with your account. I am going to send you a private message right now; see if you can reply.

·
Registered
4,294,967,294 Posts
Sorry to take up thread space. I am not able to send private messages. Anybody know what could cause this? They act like they are sending however I dont see them in my sent messages.
Halfway down the page:
http://www.k20a.org/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions
Code:
When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.
Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

·
Registered
39,473 Posts
I can confirm that he can send private messages. That^ is his problem as far as the sent messages thing goes and why he is seeing 0 there. Change that option in your profile OP. :up:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I didn't know you could do that either haha , Just thought there was no outbox on here. I do hate how small the PM box is though!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Will do thanks! Also when i click my user name to go to my user profile the screen just goes white and not to anywhere.

·
Registered
39,473 Posts
That is weird indeed; same is happening when I click on view my profile as well. We'll inform the admin; thanks. :up:

·
Registered
4,294,967,294 Posts
I would increase it for you if I could, but the Admin needs to address it.
Checking around, it seems as though some settings are not correct. PM box sizes should be dictated by usergroup, so all Basic Users should have the same amount, Supporters the same, Vendors the same.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
there is something wrong with PMs, this past week I tried replying to users that are complaining to me about not being able to send PMs and the server hangs when I try to reply and I have close to zero Pms so storage is not the issue.

·
Administrator
309 Posts
there is something wrong with PMs, this past week I tried replying to users that are complaining to me about not being able to send PMs and the server hangs when I try to reply and I have close to zero Pms so storage is not the issue.
Hi Nikos, I looked into your account and it seems to be working okay this end. I sent you a test PM and if you could please reply back and see if it hangs again. If it hangs on you again, can you please screenshot or copy what's it's waiting on when loading on the status bar (bottom right of your browser)?

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,
CG - Community Support

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Hi Nikos, I looked into your account and it seems to be working okay this end. I sent you a test PM and if you could please reply back and see if it hangs again. If it hangs on you again, can you please screenshot or copy what's it's waiting on when loading on the status bar (bottom right of your browser)?

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,
CG - Community Support
Hello, I never received any PM.

I tried replying to another user and it didnt go through

I tried replying again and it didnt go through

Then I created a new PM to user blazed and it did go through.

It seems to want to hang when I am PMing certain kinds of userlevel

·
Administrator
309 Posts
Hello, I never received any PM.

I tried replying to another user and it didnt go through

I tried replying again and it didnt go through

Then I created a new PM to user blazed and it did go through.

It seems to want to hang when I am PMing certain kinds of userlevel
What browser are you using when you are experiencing the hang? Can you see the browser activity bar to what URL it is trying to load where it hangs?

A screen shot of the hang would be helpful so we can further investigate what you are experiencing.

Regards,

MD
Community Support

·
Registered
25 Posts
I believe I have a problem with my private messages. I have tried PMing others from different browsers as well as fully logging off and then logging back on. Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts