1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For immediate release from www.intrinsicperformance.com

January 23, 2007

IPS-K2 8620 produces highest output on internally stock K20A ever recorded at
Church Automotive Testing's Dynapack 4000!

Engine Setup:

JDM K20A type r stock
SSR header
PRC vs. RBC intake manifold
CAI with Prototype Racing Velocity stack
91 octane
Hondata K-Pro

I believe the car is a RHD EK. If I find out any more information about this, I will let you guys know.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not really. RBC has gained 18-20whp on 4 different cases so far.

Here's an older dyno from Locash, Hasport's tuner

PRC (dotted) vs. RBC (solid) with open header

The PRC made 225whp and the RBC made 237whp

So yeah, it is proven that the RBC is a major improvement. I know it first hand because I also used it on my own car. Not sure how long you have been reading on k20a.org, but there are a dozen K motors making a lot of power with RBC

·
Banned
712 Posts
nikos said:

Here's an older dyno from Locash, Hasport's tuner

PRC (dotted) vs. RBC (solid) with open header

So yeah, it is proven that the RBC is a major improvement. I know it first hand because I also used it on my own car. Not sure how long you have been reading on k20a.org, but there are a dozen K motors making a lot of power with RBC
it is true, chunkys motor gained alot up top from what i saw

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
memphisraines26 said:
is the RBC the 06 civic si intake manifold?
yes...

Nikos, can Ron confirm that there has yet to be any revisons to the profiles of the new 8620 K2's, or any of his cams for that matter?

I wonder how much i ccould get a new set of 8620 KME's for...

·
Registered
69 Posts
has there been much profile difference since the K2s were first produced? I would like to get a set and see several used but was wondering if I should buy new if there have been any improvements.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jon v said:
yes...

Nikos, can Ron confirm that there has yet to be any revisons to the profiles of the new 8620 K2's, or any of his cams for that matter?

I wonder how much i ccould get a new set of 8620 KME's for...
I cannot speak for Ron on that matter. When he does implement such revisions, I am sure you are going to know about it. One of the features of the 8620 material is that the profile gets implemented in better detail.. Same cam master but more precise grinding wheel... That is my opinion awyway.

·
Registered
72 Posts
nikos said:

I thuogh I knew which was which just making sure. Ive heard people say yeh it makes more power on clubrsx/ephatch and such, but just that only heard no dyno #s. I have only just started reading head about a month or two here but not new Been on H-T for 4 years or so. Have had my EP for almost 3 years but just picked up a k20z1 short block and been reading up on the different options. Dont really wanna get a RBC mani because i would like to retain my mugen intake(hoping the Hytech manifold 6spdEK has will be as good or better for that reason), but i imagine where theres a will theres a way i can always manage something with the Samco intake hose i imagine

·
Registered
331 Posts
Surprisingly this press release came out just after the results from IPS K2 vs. Skunk stage2 comparison test. Makes me wonder when this would have been released if the test results came out when they were planned to be released :rolleyes:

·
Banned
712 Posts
Yasei said:
Surprisingly this press release came out just after the results from IPS K2 vs. Skunk stage2 comparison test. Makes me wonder when this would have been released if the test results came out when they were planned to be released :rolleyes:
expect both sides to start politicin' soon. :cool:

Maybe Clinton will drop by an tell us what she thinks of the 8620s, thats what we all care about:p

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Yasei said:
It is also surprising that the ductile iron IPS-K2's made more power than the Skunk2 Stage 2's 89% of the time. Averaging 10whp/wtq more between 5700rpm-6200rpm.

-Jalal

·
Registered
69 Posts
so the IPS-K2 8620 is just a newer matieral but same profile as the previous K2s? I just want to get the best cam set of the 2 since i can find the K2s used.

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
memphisraines26 said:
so the IPS-K2 8620 is just a newer matieral but same profile as the previous K2s? I just want to get the best cam set of the 2 since i can find the K2s used.
Yes.

-Jalal

·
Banned
764 Posts
nikos said:
For immediate release from www.intrinsicperformance.com

January 23, 2007

IPS-K2 8620 produces highest output on internally stock K20A ever recorded at
Church Automotive Testing's Dynapack 4000!

http://www.intrinsicperformance.com/images/cams/IPS-K2-8620-SSR-RBC-vs-PRC.gif

Engine Setup:

JDM K20A type r stock
SSR header
PRC vs. RBC intake manifold
CAI with Prototype Racing Velocity stack
91 octane
Hondata K-Pro
EDIT: IPS-K2 8620 CAMS

I believe the car is a RHD EK. If I find out any more information about this, I will let you guys know.
Nice! At first I thought you were saying that the IPS-K2 cams produce more power than anything out there including Skunk2 Stage2 cams. No (peak power was just shown otherwise)... Then, I realized that you were talking about new cams from IPS called: IPS-K2 8620. Then, I looked at the "Engine Setup," and thought wow, so there is NO cams in this motor, it's internally stock, and its a "JDM K20A type r stock"? I finally realized, that indeed the motor has cams called IPS-K2 8620. I fixed the post in the quote to be more clear.

Call me a nitwit, but I was confused there for a while.

Now, I realize that these are very nice cams, and that's what we're talking about.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts