Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm actually asking this for my B series AWD swap, but due to the nature of the question (cable shifter in an EG) I thought this forum would be the best place to ask. If I remember correctly, many years ago when K swaps were still a relatively new thing to do and there weren't any "no-cut" shifters available, people used to do some trick things to get cable shifters into their cars.

I'm basically trying to determine if there's any "clean" way to integrate the Ktuned TSX shifter into my interior: KTD-TSX-AC2-TSX / Accord Shifter

And preserve my center console however possible:

Any pics or ideas are welcome. Here's a picture of the shifter in an AWD Civic, this is a member from Honda-Tech who has more of a purebred racecar but still put carpet over the center console, I'd like to have a little more than that but gives a good idea of just how big the shifter looks where it's placed and what we're working with.

Edit: Upon further inspection, I really don't see any way I could possibly fit that chonky TSX shifter under the center console. I'd have to cut so much of the console away I think it'd just be in shreds by the end of it lol - Still curious to see if anyone else has attempted this or done anything "custom".

May be best to just mount the armrest independently, and then have the billet shifter in front with no center console. Only main downside is I'll lose my cup holders.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like this video pretty much answers my question - Definitely not going to be able to keep the cupholders lol.

If a mod wants to lock this that's fine, didn't expect to find a YT video showing this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts