Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm not too familiar with JDM ecus.
Can someone confirm 100% for me if this ecu has an immobilizer (no spark disable) on it?
Or can it bypassed the same way as a PRC, by grounding the fuel pump wire.

I can't search ecu or PRD on the site for an answer...

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
From what I have read, the PRD is set up, wiring wise, the same as the PRC ECU. So you should just be able to run the fuel pump wiring the same as a PRC and it shouldn't have an immobilizer. Club RSX has a few threads about it.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
From what I have read, the PRD is set up, wiring wise, the same as the PRC ECU. So you should just be able to run the fuel pump wiring the same as a PRC and it shouldn't have an immobilizer. Club RSX has a few threads about it.
correct, PRD CTR ecu does not have immobilizer

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
From my knowledge.....some PRC's and PRD's have an immobilizer. If it has "J01" after the PRD......it will need an immobilizer bypass. I had to get one for my PRC-J01

Type R ECU's that end in O13 do not have the immobilizer

·
Registered
196 Posts
From my knowledge.....some PRC's and PRD's have an immobilizer. If it has "J01" after the PRD......it will need an immobilizer bypass. I had to get one for my PRC-J01

Type R ECU's that end in O13 do not have the immobilizer
+1

Yes, if it has J01 then it is with immobilizer if 013, then it does not have immob.

I had PRD-013 my self. Was using it in K24/k20 for some while.
It is the same as PRC

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
correct, PRD CTR ecu does not have immobilizer
Thanks for the confirmation, Dale.

+1

Yes, if it has J01 then it is with immobilizer if 013, then it does not have immob.

I had PRD-013 my self. Was using it in K24/k20 for some while.
It is the same as PRC
Yea, that's true. The 013 is the last of the non-immobilizer year ECU's.

Anyone have info about PRD-003? I've grounded the fuel pump and had the car running but now have a no spark issue.
If the fuel pump is coming on and you have no spark, you probably have another issue.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
My fuel pump is constantly on too. That what I was told needed to be done in order to make the Type R ECU work in a swap.

I do not think the ECU situation should be your focus. I grounded the fuel line wire per HR's instructions and it's fine. I have absolutely no issues.

If you have a PRD that has the letter O after PRD then it doesn't have the immobilizer.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
My fuel pump is constantly on too. That what I was told needed to be done in order to make the Type R ECU work in a swap.

I do not think the ECU situation should be your focus. I grounded the fuel line wire per HR's instructions and it's fine. I have absolutely no issues.

If you have a PRD that has the letter O after PRD then it doesn't have the immobilizer.
yea thats what i got. just dont like how it stays on always...

well, k pro should be soon enough.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunately that is one of the downsides to using the JDM ecus. The fuel pump will always be on when the IGN is on. Not a big deal though...

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've been running my 225 on an independent switch for quite some time now. It's an intank fuel pump and is cooled by all of the fuel in there, so I wouldn't really worry about it running all the time.

Externals are a little different though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys ive got a prd ecu in my eg, i am upgrading to kpro prd ecu, what do i need to do to make it work?
i bought the car like this so kinda confused on how to unground the fuel pump ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts