Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
prc ecu jumper wire inside

I got my prc ecu today.I took the cover off to look at and it looks like there was a jumper wire on to pins but the wire has been cut.Does anyone know what the wire is for and do I need to connect it back together.I searched a little and found something about the jumper is used for the fuel pump but I am not shure.

View attachment 13909

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I talked to the guy I bought the computer from and he said the jumper wire was installed by the previous owner and must be for the fuel pump.He also said that I do not need to connect it back up just follow install instructions for sparks harness.If any one can tell me exactly why the wire was used I would appreciate the info.:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Hmmm I have no idea why someone would have done that. I have never seen that yet either....but it doesnt look good.

I hope that ECU is still good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
PRC ecu use another pin in harness for fuel pump, because at PRC cutting pin and connect it to another pin wich used by PRA, PRB ecu and harness

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So your sayin instead of moving the wires for the fuel pump on the harness they just jumped it inside the ecu.I read somewhere if you use the ecu on rsx you have to do that for the pump to work.Can anyone tell me what the soldered pins are for.i have searched for pinouts but have not found a good diagram that i can understand.

I hope the ecu is still good.:( The guy I bought it from said it worked.

·
Registered
30 Posts
PRA, PRB ecu using E1 pin for fuel pump, PRC using E10 pin. In my PRC i also cut pin E10 and solder cuted pin to cuted E1, its better, that move wire in harness because you are not always use PRC, you are can use PRA and PRB also with out any modifications.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok that makes sense and thats what I thought to but they did not cut the pins inside the ecu they just soldered the wire on the pins and made connection.Also isnt the to e pins for pump on the same plug.This jumper goes from first plug to last plug.I dont have a diagram to tell me what pins they jumped.Does any body have ecu diagram for the plugs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts