Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi thort id ask around if any one knows how to do this as i dont thinks its been done or i just cant find any info or diagrams on it since its going backwards so iv got a pra kpro ecu and im using a prb style conversion harness set up for wide band and iv got a dc5 integra type r engine harness

so my question is how can i rewire the prb style conversion harness or engine harness so i can use a pra narrow band 02 sensor with my pra ecu?

iv seen that your can convert a pra honda civic ep3 type r udm engine harness to work with a wide band style conversion harness to use a prb ecu but nothing on converting a wideband style engine harness and conversion harness to a pra narrowband

if i can get some insight on this that would be great iv already tryed one method and it did not work and im scared to try anything els unless any one knows how to do it i dont wanna frie my ecu

thanks in advance for reading :shades:

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,690 Posts
Ballerg, did you go through my suggestions here already: http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=214769?

It is difficult to help you if you don't feedback to suggestions. Please go through it and give here a feedback what were your recognitions on the process you did. A forum lives from active members and I mean not only active reading...:wink:

Markus

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ballerg, did you go through my suggestions here already: http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=214769?

It is difficult to help you if you don't feedback to suggestions. Please go through it and give here a feedback what were your recognitions on the process you did. A forum lives from active members and I mean not only active reading...:wink:

Markus
ok so i tried to wire it up like a euro pra engine harness still nothing wire as listed
Grey on o2 sensor to e4 on ECU
Black on O2 sensor to a6
White on O2 sensor to a1
Other white on O2 sensor to a2 IGP2

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,690 Posts
ok so i tried to wire it up like a euro pra engine harness still nothing wire as listed...
Your approach to dive into it should be more asking yourself, what are the functions of the various wires, how can I fit it the connectors of the ECU and their functions.

Just some thoughts:
  • PRA ECU = narrowband connector pattern. Does it have a heater line to support the wideband? When it has a heater line, is it capable to control the measuring cell?
  • Wideband harness = does it consequently need the wideband? Or is it just a separate system beside the rest of the sensor harness?
  • What are the cost to buy a KPro'd ECU for wideband use?
Markus

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so iv done a bit of reading in to this and it sounds easier then it looks but just want some one to double check this that has better wiring knowledge then me befor i do this,iv read the pin out on hondats page to convert a pra harness 02 to a prb.

https://www.hondata.com/tech-euro-ctr-o2-wiring

so if i have read this correct take A16 ph02s- and repin in E4 ground
A6 ph02s + is fine same with A1 ph02shtc and A22 photshtc+ to the conversion harness relay

is this right?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Remove wire from e4 and connect it to a16

Connect a22 to a2

A1 stays the same

A6 stays the same.

Your only moving 2 wires. E4 to a16 and a22 to a2
yes i see this wiring you talk of is to convert the pra engine wiring harness to use a prb wide band 02 sensor i need to convert my dc5 type r prb style engine harness to use the pra narrow band since i have a pra ecu and cant use a wide band

1 - 7 of 7 Posts