Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! i recently acquired a 1997 Porsche 911/930 with a partial 993 facelift. She has a 915 transaxle, no motor, and is filled with boxes of hopes and dreams. Original color is Talbot Yellow (106) --i think-- but was sprayed with a plasidip at some point along the way. the PO had her for 10 years and sold due to his wife passing with cancer. this is originally a Texas car (Abilene i believe) but has been in Daytona Beach, FL, the past decade. There were plans for a Honda K swap to be done (k24a2 motor) but it never came to fruition. I have the adaptor and might push on, doing a top end built K for a low psi boost application, but i have yet to decide.

I've torn the motor down and have cleaned it up some only to bolt it all back together for mock-up purposes. for some reason i cant find a hydraulic table for sale within 100 miles of me (for a reasonable price) so i'm going with an atv jack for now. the goal is to mock up motor mounts both on the front of the motor (rear of car) and one or both of the sides. ideally it would be three mounts but i think i can get away with just two. trying to use stock mounting points to utilize the isolators but we'll see what i come up with. Could someone tell me what stock clearance from the ground is? obviously my numbers are off since im on blocks, but just curious.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Another Kseries 911. -- good bye resale value... Even a well engineered / professional installed kseries 930 is still not going to sell for what a worn 930 would go for. 930s are crazy crazy money.

Besides that, the stock Porsche drivetrain only uses four mounting points, the two rearmost mounts for the engine, and the two for the transaxle... and the Porsche engine is fairly heavy.
If anything, I would make a front mount that attaches more to that piece of steel you have to tie into the factory mounts. Some heavy square tubing will do you well. Maybe add brackets that ties the transaxle mounts to the engine.

Height wise... bolt the engine to the adapter, find where the oil pan clears the transaxle. Then unbolt. Now mount the transaxle to the factory mounts... that should give you a general idea of ground clearance for the oil pan. You'll almost definitely need the 911 turbo engine cover to clear the kseries head.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another Kseries 911. -- good bye resale value... Even a well engineered / professional installed kseries 930 is still not going to sell for what a worn 930 would go for. 930s are crazy crazy money.

Besides that, the stock Porsche drivetrain only uses four mounting points, the two rearmost mounts for the engine, and the two for the transaxle... and the Porsche engine is fairly heavy.
If anything, I would make a front mount that attaches more to that piece of steel you have to tie into the factory mounts. Some heavy square tubing will do you well. Maybe add brackets that ties the transaxle mounts to the engine.

Height wise... bolt the engine to the adapter, find where the oil pan clears the transaxle. Then unbolt. Now mount the transaxle to the factory mounts... that should give you a general idea of ground clearance for the oil pan. You'll almost definitely need the 911 turbo engine cover to clear the kseries head.
thanks for reaching out! Love your positivity. Don’t plan on ever selling this thing.
the previous owner sold off the entire drive terrain about 15 years ago and the car has been sitting sense. I picked it up for a couple grand (literally a few thousand) so I’m not out anything. I’m also not about to buy a rebuild 930 6 banger for $18K just to make 190 hp.
the flat bar is just for mock up purposes. I’ll weld the square tubing based off that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts