Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
I seen a guy post a pic of his ticket from somwhere in Illinois . Every number was one number off even the powerball. lol the lotto was playin games with him....

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
With the Interweb, your name WILL get out and be all over the place. If you read up on what happens to a lot of winners, reality isn't as wonderful as people think. All sorts of "friends" and relatives coming out of the woodwork, endless calls from charities. Yeah it's a lot of money but not the heaven people imagine.

I guess you could compromise and publically give away 90%, then say "sorry, all gone" while quietly sitting on "enough", and living a modest-appearing life.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
With the Interweb, your name WILL get out and be all over the place. If you read up on what happens to a lot of winners, reality isn't as wonderful as people think. All sorts of "friends" and relatives coming out of the woodwork, endless calls from charities. Yeah it's a lot of money but not the heaven people imagine.

I guess you could compromise and publically give away 90%, then say "sorry, all gone" while quietly sitting on "enough", and living a modest-appearing life.
That's easy to deal with, a simple NO or fck you :)

A level head and some common sense goes a long way with money like that.

Imagine if they divided up that 1.3 billion evenly among every citizen in the US, poverty should be basically finished lol

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I like the ad, "It only takes one ticket to win" which leaves out "... out of 292.2 million losing tickets."

I heard the lottery once called "a stupidity tax" because in general, the less income someone makes, the more they spend.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
That's easy to deal with, a simple NO or fck you :)

A level head and some common sense goes a long way with money like that.

Imagine if they divided up that 1.3 billion evenly among every citizen in the US, poverty should be basically finished lol
Personally, I think it would much better if they'd cap it at some milestone and start another. That is, instead of one person winning a $1B, give $10M to 100 winners. I'd much rather have a shot at $10M instead of no chance at $1B. I know, I know, it'll never happen because people get hypnotized by big numbers, but still. I mean, where does it end... why not make a Super Turbo Powerball where the odds are 1000 times worse and give away trillions...

·
Registered
722 Posts
Some folks get stupid with the winnings.... like if i won i would prob get a slightly bigger house not too big , just enough to have a little more room . and still live the same life i had before but only richer... Id have me a nice shop pay off all of my bills invest some and share some with my parents.

There are people out there that just blow the money on stupid useless stuff. Buy these huge houses, fancy cars. They dont realize that you have to pay Insurance and taxes on most of that stuff yearly. Not mention the power , water and whatever else they have bills.... eventually your money is gonna run out and you are stuck with all this debt....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol Yea I've seen on TV they buy mansions and stuff and don't invest. You really got to invest. Buy some McDonald's n shit lol
Bought 5 plays today.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've read that there are ways to remain anonymous. Like setting up a trust of some sort. I did purchase a ticket tonight, just one. I look at it like if it's meant for you to win it doesn't matter if you purchase one ticket or a hundred. If I were to win I really have no clue what I'd do with all that money haha. I could buy everything I've ever wanted with like a million, hell probably less than that. Good luck to you all!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So it turns out my old neighbor from chino hills, his friend bought the Jack pot ticket , my pops just told me he posted the ticket on facebook.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts