Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
14,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is using a stock RSX type S power steering line (02-04) and stock location of the reservoir. Do this at our own risk. This is the same as the other one i did, but I resized pictures and cleaned it up.

First you need to Flip flop the black fitting on top of the rsx power steering pump. The hole is already there you just need to tap it so you can use the oem hardware. I believe its a #6 tap. Then get a power steering hose from a auto parts store and run it to the reservoir.

You can use the stock rsx reservoir but it will need to be relocated and the line that goes to the reservoir from the rack will need to be relocated.

Next. The other line into the pump goes to the rack. Use the oem RSX type s line. A base line might fit but this is using the type s line. All you have to do is bend it (without kinking it) the way you want it to go. This will bolt up to your rack. It might take a few times to bend it and get it in right but take your time and don't strip it.

Follow my arrows. You have enough hose to make it neater. Thats where the line is. This is where the big soft line turns into a hard line where you'll need to bend it into shape to go around stuff towards the rack.

This is the oem line that comes out of the rack that comes with your car. It will stay with the reservoir. You don't need to do anything to it.

Next is the hood, You'll need to trim the under skeleton like so. The straight part up at the top is cut out for the hose.

·
Registered
192 Posts
seems simple enough... i outta try it one of this days. =D cause its a bitch turning without power steering. =D

·
Registered
3 Posts
What length belt are you using.I have k20a with idler pulley no a/c and want to fit dc5 pump.I want to have the right belt before i start coz its a daily driver.

Great thread by the way,i was going to sell my car but with power steering it will be completely different.

·
Registered
14,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What length belt are you using.I have k20a with idler pulley no a/c and want to fit dc5 pump.I want to have the right belt before i start coz its a daily driver.

Great thread by the way,i was going to sell my car but with power steering it will be completely different.
I'm using the OEM belt. I still have the AC compressor bolted up. Thats one of the reason why its still there. If it ever breaks in the middle of no where i should be able to source an rsx belt without a problem. I don't know what belt you would use without the compressor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You don´t have to cut the skelet hood if you use the jackson puley, just hammer it a bit, and it will clear, the engine don´t move that much in the mounts.

Just mounted my DC5 PS last weekend, I found a 134 cm with 6 rips that works perfect, Ive heard that the DC5 in Japan runs hydr. PS without AC, so that belt would be perfect, but i´m not able to order it here in Denmark :-(

Part number schould be this, in Japan. H3111-PRC-003

http://www.honda.co.jp/afterservice/parts/belt/hamp-tekiou.html

BTW this fitting you schould be able to use from your stock PS, and it will turn down, i used the one from my EK4

·
Registered
14,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You don´t have to cut the skelet hood if you use the jackson puley, just hammer it a bit, and it will clear, the engine don´t move that much in the mounts.

Just mounted my DC5 PS last weekend, I found a 134 cm with 6 rips that works perfect, Ive heard that the DC5 in Japan runs hydr. PS without AC, so that belt would be perfect, but i´m not able to order it here in Denmark :-(

Part number schould be this, in Japan. H3111-PRC-003

http://www.honda.co.jp/afterservice/parts/belt/hamp-tekiou.html
where did you try to order the belt from?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think you said this was done on Ekk1 mounts, right ? So if I was using Ekk2 mounts and had it on the lower holes and I kept the A/C and P/S, would I still have to modify my hood for clearance ? Would I need to get a Jackson pulley or flip that bracket ?

·
Registered
14,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think you said this was done on Ekk1 mounts, right ? So if I was using Ekk2 mounts and had it on the lower holes and I kept the A/C and P/S, would I still have to modify my hood for clearance ? Would I need to get a Jackson pulley or flip that bracket ?
Yes i have ekk1 mounts.

If ekk2 mounts were used in the lower hole with the jackson pulley more than likely you won't have to modify your hood.

Flipping the bracket is of choice and is really determined by which side you have your PS reservoir on.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts