Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Post your stock k20 boosted setups

560K views 503 replies 179 participants last post by  gtimportfanatic 
#1 ·
Instead of having a thread Titled how much power can a stock k20/a2/z3/z1 make, I thought i would make this thread. I just wanted to see what turbo setups guys had on internally stock k20's.

Motor:
Power:
Turbo:
Manifold:
Wastegate Size:
BOV:
Injector Manufacturer and Size:
Piping(including dowpipe and exhaust):

any other relevant parts. Post dyno sheets and Videos.

This will be both helpful and informative. Thanks in advance fellow k20ers.

#2 ·
Motor: stock k20a2 with IPS kt1s supertech springs and retainers rbc
Power: 600+
Turbo: t4/t67
Manifold: full race
Wastegate Size: tial 44
BOV: tial
Injector Manufacturer and Size: precison 1000cc
Piping(including dowpipe and exhaust): 3" charge pipes and downpipe

link to dyno thread
http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35869

#7 ·
blue hatch amazing car&job mate !
i'm think your numbers is a record on a stock a2, 600whp in 8000rpm
and the engine can make more power to 9+ rpm with the kt1 cams .
:up::up::up:

i'm think we going to see you in the 8's this year . :cool:

continue this topic guys its a good one.

#9 ·
Motor: K20z1
Power:400whp & 280ft/lbs partially tuned
Turbo: GT3076 (.82ar exhaust housing, .60 trim wheel with s-cover option)
Manifold: Peakboost Sidemount
Wastegate Size: 44mm tial wg
BOV: Tial 50mm
Injector Manufacturer and Size: RC 750cc injectors
Piping(including dowpipe and exhaust): Peakboost 3" 2 piece vband down pipe, peakboost test pipe & thermal 3" exhaust.

#29 ·
Motor: K20z1
Power:400whp & 280ft/lbs partially tuned
Turbo: GT3076 (.82ar exhaust housing, .60 trim wheel with s-cover option)
Manifold: Peakboost Sidemount
Wastegate Size: 44mm tial wg
BOV: Tial 50mm
Piping(including dowpipe and exhaust): Peakboost 3" 2 piece vband down pipe, peakboost test pipe & thermal 3" exhaust.
Will you post a picture of your dyno sheet, I'm not doubting the numbers. This is one of the setups I was looking at for my car and wanted to compare a couple of things. :up:

#10 ·
Motor: K20a3
Power:338whp 297tq @13psi
Turbo: mitsu T517Z(greddy)
Manifold: Greddy
Wastegate Size: internal?
Piping(including dowpipe and exhaust): 3 in custom downpipe greddy intercooler and piping custom 3in exhaust cat delete
ECU:K-pro
extra stuff:crower turbo cams, snow performance methanol injection.
will try to put up dyno vid later.
tuned by adams auto in crestview florida

#11 ·
Motor: K20a3
Power:338whp 297tq @13psi
Turbo: mitsu T517Z(greddy)
Manifold: Greddy
Wastegate Size: internal?

Piping(including dowpipe and exhaust): 3 in custom downpipe greddy intercooler and piping custom 3in exhaust cat delete
ECU:K-pro
extra stuff:crower turbo cams, snow performance methanol injection.
will try to put up dyno vid later.
tuned by adams auto in crestview florida
I find this hard to believe. I don't hardly ever see K20a2's making that power with that dinky little turbo that greddy sells much less a k20a3.

#15 ·
Well believe it. at around 3000 the boost is around 18psi then at 8000 it has tapered down to 13psi, but you are right my next upgrade is going to be the full race turbo upgrade for the greddy kit because my turbo is just about if not maxed out. How many people do you know that have even tried to max out the greddy turbo anyway. The k20 a2 has a lot higher compression ratio as well so its not going to get the same numbers im getting even with the same setup. I have no reason to just make up some BS. Oh and with methanol injection that little rinky dink turbo is at full boost at like 1500 rpms.

#12 ·
yeah but how many greddy kits have you seen with cams and meth in the mix archull. but i agree , its high numbers for a greddy kit. maybe its the dyno hes on or non SAE corrected readout.

#13 ·
I have seen a few. I know a guy with the IPS KT1 cams, snow performance meth injection, with a greddy kit (I know, useless but its a show car) and running higher boost than this guy is saying and tuned by Churches and he only made 328whp and that itty bitty turbo was completely maxed out. This was on a k20a2 as well, not a k20a3.

#17 ·
Motor:k20a2
Power:589hp (c16)
Turbo:gt4094r twin scroll
Manifold:td autowerkes twin scroll
Wastegate Size:tial 44 x2
BOV:tial
Injector Manufacturer and Size:1200cc pte
Piping(including dowpipe and exhaust):3"

for more info on my car go to my build thread.....

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46602

#21 ·
I know a guy from houston who used to run 32psi daily on his boosted kswapped EG on a 100% stock motor but he only ran race gas, lol. Do I think its wise??? No but it can be done.

#28 ·
ok i got you guys.. i know afi makes a sidewinder mani, you know same same in a sense. I havent seen any real crazy numbers with a log style mani, partially due to the fact that they cant flow as well. I seen close to 400 but that was pushing it.

#33 ·
Motor: stock k24a4
Power: 400hp 400tq
Turbo:50-1
Manifold:
Wastegate Size: 44mm
BOV: hks
Injector Manufacturer and Size: OEM modified 520cc
Piping(including dowpipe and exhaust):

got more here http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42500

#34 ·
I know the term stock block gets thrown around loosely on the web sometimes lol. But anyway. I am fairly new to the k series stuff but I have owned a built b series that ran tens.

My question is what is the hp limit on the stock head bolts. I have the turbo stuffready to go on and I'm looking to get 450 all stock motor. Do you think I'm gonna have head lifting issues?

#35 ·
My question is what is the hp limit on the stock head bolts. I have the turbo stuffready to go on and I'm looking to get 450 all stock motor. Do you think I'm gonna have head lifting issues?
As long as the motor doesn't detonate, the stock headbolts should be fine.

#38 ·
:dance:hahhaa Best question yet. 450 on a stock motor seems ridiculous but if you said its been done i believe it.

So how about getting that whp to the wheels. How do the stock trannies hold up to the abuse of close to 500hp crashing down on them? remember that this would be hp before tranny loss. on a 450whp car that could be upwards to 550 to the crank. I'm very interested in knowing if a racing clutch, pressure plate and flywheel is enough for the tranny.

#40 ·
@ALL

I am interested in going the FI route for a K20A Honda Accord Euro R. Kindly recommend whether the Acura RSX type S supercharger/turbo will be compatible with it and what would otherwise be the best route to take. Thanks alot. Have short listed a few and mentioning them as following (aim is to make around 250~280whp)

Acura RSX Type S 2002-04
T517Z cast manifold w/Ultimate & 440cc inj

GReddy Turbo Kit

Honda K-Series Race Supercharger Kit (by kraft werks)
888-116/888-120

RSX Type S Supercharger System - Race Version w/ECU Flash (Jackson Racing) part # 989-552

#42 ·
trannies will last a but usually in the 400hp range when you get 500+ range then throw in some tires that hook decently it becomes a problem.ppg gears are the way to go,i am going to get a set as soon i get some extra cash.for now i just keep feeding my car 4th gears every month and a 1/2.