Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
How those stock trannies holding up?
Mine is holding up fine. Daily driving it at 400+whp, take it to the track, beating on it on the streets at times. Have been turbo for 10 months & 12k miles.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
trannies will last a but usually in the 400hp range when you get 500+ range then throw in some tires that hook decently it becomes a problem.ppg gears are the way to go,i am going to get a set as soon i get some extra cash.for now i just keep feeding my car 4th gears every month and a 1/2.

·
treblictuned
1,422 Posts
trannies will last a but usually in the 400hp range when you get 500+ range then throw in some tires that hook decently it becomes a problem.ppg gears are the way to go,i am going to get a set as soon i get some extra cash.for now i just keep feeding my car 4th gears every month and a 1/2.

i killed 3rd and 4th today at track lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Stock a3(Ep3)-300/247 at 14psi for 4 years, CN kit. I know that is minuscule compared to the 500+ whp a2 mentioned..but, its not that bad for an a3:silly:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi i have an ep3 type r with 6 speed box. I recently ordered a kit i had on a greddy kit i was very dissappointed with that i ordered a kit for t3/t4 turbo bigger manifold stuff like that.
My question is with water/meth injection, and say 11.5.1 air fuel ratio how boost can i safely run on this motor.Also with race fuel how much boost can i run with that. ANother thing how strong is the 6 speed type r tranny is it stronger than the 5 speed. My box has lsd as well.JDM Ep3 is my model.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
the 6 speed isnt as strong as the 5 because of the extra gear that makes it vulnerable to breaking. rotational mass.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Mine is holding up fine. Daily driving it at 400+whp, take it to the track, beating on it on the streets at times. Have been turbo for 10 months & 12k miles.
damn, everyone is blowing trannys and you guys are making me paranoid, lol
lol, I just saw this thread again. I guess I spoke too soon and I jinxed myself, lol. I blew up my tranny 3 weeks ago. I guess beating on the car at the track with slicks took its toll. I guess I really can't complain, it lasted 56,000 miles before letting go. With over 400whp my tranny lasted longer than most.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Was your 6 speed as well or 5 speed.
it was a bone stock 06' Type-s Tranny.

I am going back with a 6 speed as well because with the 05-06' Type-s we have a different speed sensor than the 02-04' and the 2 tranny's aren't cross compatible if you wish to keep your speedometer working.

This tranny going in is going to have a slightly different setup though. For one, I am ditching the 4.7 FD that came with the car and switch over to the 4.3 FD, then I am adding a Quaife in the mix along with a TSX 6th gear. Hopefully this one will hold for awhile.

·
Registered
370 Posts
@ALL

I am interested in going the FI route for a K20A Honda Accord Euro R. Kindly recommend whether the Acura RSX type S supercharger/turbo will be compatible with it and what would otherwise be the best route to take. Thanks alot. Have short listed a few and mentioning them as following (aim is to make around 250~280whp)

Acura RSX Type S 2002-04
T517Z cast manifold w/Ultimate & 440cc inj

GReddy Turbo Kit

Honda K-Series Race Supercharger Kit (by kraft werks)
888-116/888-120

RSX Type S Supercharger System - Race Version w/ECU Flash (Jackson Racing) part # 989-552
your horsepower goal isn't very hard to set. With a good all motor build you can reach your goals and be much more reliable.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I see. I would like to change mine to 4.3 but i was curious about how well the 4.7 would work on a quarter.My car is revving to 9 grand.

·
Registered
110 Posts

Stock jdm K20A engine
Stock 6 speed jdm tranny
3mm cometic head gasket
Full race T3 manifold
Precision turbo SC6262 0.82 A/R turbo
Tial 44mm wastegate
Tial 50mm bloww off valve
RC 1200 cc injectors
walbro 255lph 342 fuel pump