Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
461 - 465 of 465 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Ive been doing some re-search and ive gone thru some trial and error with parts for my car which ive learned alot from. But ive found very few stock K20A3 pushing above 400HP and by the looks of it the 2 that ive found had modified the head such as homeboii slowrsx with the built head with supertech everything lol. Also there was a video on youtube that is couple years old that had a k20a3 stock bottom end with a vtec killer set up valvetrain of a k20a2, turbo making about 416hp. Now with my set up i dont think i will push the engine beyond 400 just because there is not alot of evidence that it can hold that power for too long, but it is possible to make that type of powerband. So this is my set-up right now on stock internals K20A3:

Turbonetics 60 Trim Turbocharger w/ Intercooler
T3/T4 Cast Manifold
Turbosmart Wastegate
FIC 1000cc Injectors
AEM 340cc Fuel Pump
Stock Clutch
Premium 93 Octain
PRB Intake Manifold
REV HARD Blow Off Valve
Thermal R&D 3in Exhaust

Made 275HP at 15PSI of Boost

The only downfall of this was the clutch, it was giving out and slipping. Also the fuel duty cycle was getting too high and the reason behind this was i wasnt running a fuel return setup.The oem fuel pump assembly has a built in restrictor that needs to be bypassed and the car needs to run a external fuel pressure regulator to increase fuel pressure without maxing out the injectors. The new setup will be:

Competition Clutch Stage 4
Exedy Light Weight Flywheel
RBC Intake Manifold w/ Blox 70mm Throttle Body
Deatschworks Fuel Return Kit
E85

So with this we should be making about 350hp without raising the boost pressure, just running E85. But we shall see once i finish it up ;)
Forgot to mention my Engine Management, im using Hondata K-pro V4. Im also aware since 2 years ago they actually made a standalone made by Haltec. Which for the price similar to kpro, i would run haltec because its software would be more up to date. Not only that but theres versions of that standalone that gives you more programs to be able to do more. And with the kpro most likely becoming outdated soon, plus the ECM becoming harder to find due to the vehicle becoming older, plus they make a wiring harness for that standalone to be plug n play, you can run Haltec and be good to go.
My k20a3 back in 2010 was making [email protected] on the stock clutch, over 300whp on 10psi but the stock clutch went soon after. There is something going on if it takes 15lbs to make that power you have and i was also on an ebay 55mm turbo or something of the sort. K20A3’s can make mid 300’s real easy just gotta sort thru what you have and make sure you’re properly calibrated

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
9,439 Posts
I didn't recognize the post of member @Last, thence thanks to member @gtimportfanatic taking care of that!

My k20a3 back in 2010 was making [email protected] on the stock clutch, over 300whp on 10psi but the stock clutch went soon after. There is something going on if it takes 15lbs to make that power you have
Yeap, at 15 psi and 7000 rpm there should be around 355 whp at the table, with E85 even more as IGN could be more advanced before knock margin get touched.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My k20a3 back in 2010 was making [email protected] on the stock clutch, over 300whp on 10psi but the stock clutch went soon after. There is something going on if it takes 15lbs to make that power you have and i was also on an ebay 55mm turbo or something of the sort. K20A3’s can make mid 300’s real easy just gotta sort thru what you have and make sure you’re properly calibrated
You got dyno Tuned right? And my tuner is very reputable so this powerband I trust given the flaws that the k20a3 has over a k20a2. And I admit the turbo takes till about 3/4K rpm to fully spool that means laggy response or lazy like my tuner said lol. But all set ups are different so that means even powerband. Cause as of right now that’s realistic unless your running a big turbo using less boost to make more power I get that. Cause when you think about it making 400+ horsepower on an engine that was designed for 160 is insane. My turbo is basically rated for 300/400 horses. I actually talked to a rep from turbonetics themselves because I saw some oil leaking from the cool side. And he said that their turbos don’t normally have oil seal leaks like that. He said my problem was my oil return and it was backing up to the turbo over filling it with oil and it may be seeping out. And that turns out to be true so I had to make the hole in the oil pan at the highest point and I haven’t seen oil leak since just some burning which is normal with the mileage of 166k. He also said that my turbo is capable to make more power because he has had friends make it over 400 horses close to 500 on my turbo. He said that I don’t know what this turbo is capable of and he is right I don’t. Fun fact did you know that turbonetics makes precision. Turbonetics makes turbos for commercial Aircraft like United. I’ll see if I can find my dyno sheet and post it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rectangle Parallel Font Triangle Map

Hey even with this powerband the car is so fun to drive it pulls hella hard at about 4,500rpms normally I let off before 6k cause you know I like to baby the car. With the KSport Suspension and Mitchelin Pilot Sport 4 you know it has traction. It makes all the difference. I used to have shitty suspension made by Yonaka I don’t recommend they only lasted a year and the warranty didn’t want to cover it. More like they wanted me to go without my car for about 2/4 weeks because I would have to send them the coilovers. At the time I didn’t have extra set of suspension parts now I do for that reason lol. I’ve beat a 2nd Gen Subaru WRX STI that was fun the guy thumbs up me. Have you guys played Need For Speed Heat, I actually made my car in that game very similar it’s insane 🤣.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element AWD
18 Posts
Hey guys. Here's my latest dyno sheet. Keep in mind please I have a K24A4 with stock internals. The A4 engine is different than the A2 and had about 120whp baseline. With Merc racing TVS900 supercharger, header, exhaust, extra I am running 260whp on my Honda Element. This is on E85 and about 8 PSI. My Element is reliable and running great and I still have AC, PS, and AWD.

Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Audio equipment Engineering Oscilloscope Gas Technology

461 - 465 of 465 Posts