Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
421 - 440 of 465 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:
how many miles have you put on the car? how do you treat it regular beatings?
that power band is really linear.... bet it drive like an na car nice and predictable
I've put roughly 10k miles on the kit. I drive my car like I stole it... not all the time but often enough.

Before this kit I was tuned with Drag Cartel 2.2 endurance cams, supertech vt, full bolt ons and E85 and the car put down (on this same dyno) 250whp/176tq. Loved this setup. Especially revving it to 9300rpm but on a stock bottom end was not a good idea...ultimately dropped a valve. BUT I GOT A GOOD YEAR OUT OF IT REVVING TO 9300!!! It's true demise was a hydrolock though which still makes me wonder how long that motor would have lasted since it had no issues whatsoever beforehand. So since the block became essentially useless, I just bought a used block, sold the cams and went back to full bolt ons and pump gas, saved up for a kit and made the purchase.

With the linear power delivery of the Rotrex, it feels literally identical to my cammed setup until about 5k rpms. From 5k up to redline it pulls like a freaking train and feels great, making peak booost (12.8psi) right at 8600rpm weather depending. Datalogged the car last night and in 80degree weather the car was making 12.4psi @ 8600rpm... I will be tuning soon on E85 while upgrading the charge pipe to 2.5"

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got a quick question fellas. I got the following setup i just wanna know what too expect after i get my tuning down pack.

Here's my specs.

K20z3
id 1000's
410 Walbro fuel pump
S366 borgwarner T4
supertech 95Psi springs and retainer
cometic head gasket
ARP head bolts
Rbc intake
E85

What should i expect from this setup fellas as far as Hp and torque.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
You're limited by your fuel system to mid-high-500's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i made 330 whp and 260 lb torque on my 02 rsx type s with side winder turbo header and ebay turbo 50 trim, ebay everything actually. 1000cc bosch injectors, 255 walbro fuel pump. stage 4 compitetion 6 puck clutch and flywheel. ecutout but onli 2.5" piping. cheap ebay wastegate and bov.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My hi-boost map is finally done so I can post my setup:

Motor: K20A (R) - 100% stock.
Power: 379bhp @ 10psi (0.7bar)
313bhp @ 4.5psi (0.3bar)
Turbo: Turbonetics
Manifold: Sheepey Inc. Siedwinder
Wastegate Size: TiAL 44mm
BOV: TiAL 50mm
Injector Manufacturer and Size: 750 Grams
Piping: custom 3 inch, Tanabe Medalion twin back boxes.

...and dyno video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsNw86PQsic

421 - 440 of 465 Posts