Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 504 Posts
how can a stock motor handle up to 25 psi? Thats nuts...
I know a guy from houston who used to run 32psi daily on his boosted kswapped EG on a 100% stock motor but he only ran race gas, lol. Do I think its wise??? No but it can be done.

how can a stock motor handle up to 25 psi? Thats nuts...
it can be done if tuned properly.the setup lasted about 4-5 months at mid 500s and i turned up to almost 600 and it let go soon after.motor had about 40k on it and i drove it like a i stole it.

it can be done if tuned properly.the setup lasted about 4-5 months at mid 500s and i turned up to almost 600 and it let go soon after.motor had about 40k on it and i drove it like a i stole it.
so your saying a 100% stock k20 prolly could last on 490-500whp for a while? LOL

so your saying a 100% stock k20 prolly could last on 490-500whp for a while? LOL
i did a rsx-s that made 530whp on stock motor in 2006 and it is still running. how the car is driven and maintained plays a big roll

all these set ups are running either a fullrace or peakboost kit right???

ok i got you guys.. i know afi makes a sidewinder mani, you know same same in a sense. I havent seen any real crazy numbers with a log style mani, partially due to the fact that they cant flow as well. I seen close to 400 but that was pushing it.

Motor: K20z1
Power:400whp & 280ft/lbs partially tuned
Turbo: GT3076 (.82ar exhaust housing, .60 trim wheel with s-cover option)
Manifold: Peakboost Sidemount
Wastegate Size: 44mm tial wg
BOV: Tial 50mm
Injector Manufacturer and Size: RC 750cc injectors
Piping(including dowpipe and exhaust): Peakboost 3" 2 piece vband down pipe, peakboost test pipe & thermal 3" exhaust.
Will you post a picture of your dyno sheet, I'm not doubting the numbers. This is one of the setups I was looking at for my car and wanted to compare a couple of things. :up:

Will you post a picture of your dyno sheet, I'm not doubting the numbers. This is one of the setups I was looking at for my car and wanted to compare a couple of things. :up:
Yeah, sure will. I was having fuel problems when I dynoed so we didn't tune much. I picked up a bad tank of fuel on the way to get tuned and it clogged up my injectors :mad:

Here is the map, the numbers are uncorrected, tuned in the 102 degree weather @ 87% humidity as well. Weather sucked for a dynotune, lol

i did a rsx-s that made 530whp on stock motor in 2006 and it is still running. how the car is driven and maintained plays a big roll
damn, i wanna see a video of this car... Is that with pump?

damn, i wanna see a video of this car... Is that with pump?
race gas, made 450-460 on pump. wanted to keep it safe. video of some pulls of the street i think was on streetfire/youtube, ill have to look for it.

Motor: stock k24a4
Power: 400hp 400tq
Turbo:50-1
Manifold:
Wastegate Size: 44mm
BOV: hks
Injector Manufacturer and Size: OEM modified 520cc
Piping(including dowpipe and exhaust):

got more here http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42500

I know the term stock block gets thrown around loosely on the web sometimes lol. But anyway. I am fairly new to the k series stuff but I have owned a built b series that ran tens.

My question is what is the hp limit on the stock head bolts. I have the turbo stuffready to go on and I'm looking to get 450 all stock motor. Do you think I'm gonna have head lifting issues?

My question is what is the hp limit on the stock head bolts. I have the turbo stuffready to go on and I'm looking to get 450 all stock motor. Do you think I'm gonna have head lifting issues?
As long as the motor doesn't detonate, the stock headbolts should be fine.

How those stock trannies holding up?
:dance:hahhaa Best question yet. 450 on a stock motor seems ridiculous but if you said its been done i believe it.

So how about getting that whp to the wheels. How do the stock trannies hold up to the abuse of close to 500hp crashing down on them? remember that this would be hp before tranny loss. on a 450whp car that could be upwards to 550 to the crank. I'm very interested in knowing if a racing clutch, pressure plate and flywheel is enough for the tranny.

@ALL

I am interested in going the FI route for a K20A Honda Accord Euro R. Kindly recommend whether the Acura RSX type S supercharger/turbo will be compatible with it and what would otherwise be the best route to take. Thanks alot. Have short listed a few and mentioning them as following (aim is to make around 250~280whp)

Acura RSX Type S 2002-04
T517Z cast manifold w/Ultimate & 440cc inj

GReddy Turbo Kit

Honda K-Series Race Supercharger Kit (by kraft werks)
888-116/888-120

RSX Type S Supercharger System - Race Version w/ECU Flash (Jackson Racing) part # 989-552

21 - 40 of 504 Posts