Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,754 Posts
it can be done if tuned properly.the setup lasted about 4-5 months at mid 500s and i turned up to almost 600 and it let go soon after.motor had about 40k on it and i drove it like a i stole it.
so your saying a 100% stock k20 prolly could last on 490-500whp for a while? LOL

· Registered
1,754 Posts
i did a rsx-s that made 530whp on stock motor in 2006 and it is still running. how the car is driven and maintained plays a big roll
damn, i wanna see a video of this car... Is that with pump?

· Registered
1,754 Posts

· Registered
1,754 Posts
Hmm, haven't posted my setup in here, I don't think.

Stock K20A2
RBC
Full-Race top mount
T3/T67, .82 AR
Full-Race intercooler
2.5" downpipe (all I could fit, turns to 3" under the crossmember)
3" exhaust
RC750cc's
K-Pro

Made 425whp/277wtq, on 8psi creeping to 12psi on wastegate spring pressure

Will be installing the boost solenoid when I get some spare time to turn it up to 15psi or so.

- Derek
curious, whats your duty with the rc 750s?

· Registered
1,754 Posts
idk either. i thought i would make some good numbers with this turbo. i just stuck with this for my daily driving.

You can have my gt37r.. I am getting it rebuilt and prolly selling it or I dunno yet... :up:

· Registered
1,754 Posts

· Registered
1,754 Posts
Sorry for the late response. I've been so busy that I've never gotten the chance to get back onto the board. My coil packs are pretty much brand new. I'm not having any problems with it at all. I have already gap down my plugs to .25. I'm assuming the problem is that I'm running my plugs way to cold. I'm using the 2669. Going to have to go with some 2668. And my trim is a .70 a/r
i thought the gt30r came only with the .63ar or .82ar exhaust housing? :confused:

· Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: BEYAHHOOOSSTT

could someone pm me and answer this question how much boost can u push out of a stock k20a2 type s motor with walboro 255 hybrid full fuel setup wat psi to set the fpr at with rc750cc injectors and do u have to get the car tuned on stock ecu or can u run it without tunning how much boost.? 8psi >? I WILL GET IT TUNNED BY Central Florida Turbo BUT I GOTTA SAVE MONEY FOR STANDALONE ECU OR KPRO SO IM USING AN IMMOBILIZER FOR NOW LOL :)
Ummmmm, don't install that turbo setup until you get kpro or something like that... To my knowledge, I don't think you can run the stock ecu with that unless CFT can go in and re-flash your stock ecu some-how... :confused:

· Registered
1,754 Posts
damn, 15 psi on a 30r makes 476whp+?? amazing.... :up:
do k20a2 and z1 @ 15 psi on a 30r make this much power?

Did you dyno on a jet or pack?

· Registered
1,754 Posts
I'm wondering if any of you guys are experiencing any type of braking issues since the turbo/ down pipe is a only a few inches away from the brake master cylinder. No fluid boiling? Or even burning the fluids?

Also with these sidewinder set ups...how many of you guys DD your rides? Just a thought I had because I one day would love to enter the force induction field but worry due to what i mentioned earlier. I do take long trips with my family every once in awhile and can no risk any type of braking failure.

Question was towards those with the "EG/DC/EK" kswaps.
you can use the heat-resistant tape/shield on the reserviors and that will solve your problem... You could always use motul full syntec fluid.
I was dd my setup from 08-12.. If you dd, you just gotta make sure your install is on point.

1 - 19 of 20 Posts