Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
958 Posts
Motor: K20z1
Power:400whp & 280ft/lbs partially tuned
Turbo: GT3076 (.82ar exhaust housing, .60 trim wheel with s-cover option)
Manifold: Peakboost Sidemount
Wastegate Size: 44mm tial wg
BOV: Tial 50mm
Injector Manufacturer and Size: RC 750cc injectors
Piping(including dowpipe and exhaust): Peakboost 3" 2 piece vband down pipe, peakboost test pipe & thermal 3" exhaust.

· Registered
958 Posts
Motor: K20a3
Power:338whp 297tq @13psi
Turbo: mitsu T517Z(greddy)
Manifold: Greddy
Wastegate Size: internal?

Injector Manufacturer and Size: RC 750cc injectors
Piping(including dowpipe and exhaust): 3 in custom downpipe greddy intercooler and piping custom 3in exhaust cat delete
ECU:K-pro
extra stuff:crower turbo cams, snow performance methanol injection.
will try to put up dyno vid later.
tuned by adams auto in crestview florida
I find this hard to believe. I don't hardly ever see K20a2's making that power with that dinky little turbo that greddy sells much less a k20a3.

· Registered
958 Posts
yeah but how many greddy kits have you seen with cams and meth in the mix archull. but i agree , its high numbers for a greddy kit. maybe its the dyno hes on or non SAE corrected readout.
I have seen a few. I know a guy with the IPS KT1 cams, snow performance meth injection, with a greddy kit (I know, useless but its a show car) and running higher boost than this guy is saying and tuned by Churches and he only made 328whp and that itty bitty turbo was completely maxed out. This was on a k20a2 as well, not a k20a3.

· Registered
958 Posts
how can a stock motor handle up to 25 psi? Thats nuts...
I know a guy from houston who used to run 32psi daily on his boosted kswapped EG on a 100% stock motor but he only ran race gas, lol. Do I think its wise??? No but it can be done.

· Registered
958 Posts
Will you post a picture of your dyno sheet, I'm not doubting the numbers. This is one of the setups I was looking at for my car and wanted to compare a couple of things. :up:
Yeah, sure will. I was having fuel problems when I dynoed so we didn't tune much. I picked up a bad tank of fuel on the way to get tuned and it clogged up my injectors :mad:

Here is the map, the numbers are uncorrected, tuned in the 102 degree weather @ 87% humidity as well. Weather sucked for a dynotune, lol

· Registered
958 Posts
How those stock trannies holding up?
Mine is holding up fine. Daily driving it at 400+whp, take it to the track, beating on it on the streets at times. Have been turbo for 10 months & 12k miles.

· Registered
958 Posts
Mine is holding up fine. Daily driving it at 400+whp, take it to the track, beating on it on the streets at times. Have been turbo for 10 months & 12k miles.
damn, everyone is blowing trannys and you guys are making me paranoid, lol
lol, I just saw this thread again. I guess I spoke too soon and I jinxed myself, lol. I blew up my tranny 3 weeks ago. I guess beating on the car at the track with slicks took its toll. I guess I really can't complain, it lasted 56,000 miles before letting go. With over 400whp my tranny lasted longer than most.

· Registered
958 Posts
Was your 6 speed as well or 5 speed.
it was a bone stock 06' Type-s Tranny.

I am going back with a 6 speed as well because with the 05-06' Type-s we have a different speed sensor than the 02-04' and the 2 tranny's aren't cross compatible if you wish to keep your speedometer working.

This tranny going in is going to have a slightly different setup though. For one, I am ditching the 4.7 FD that came with the car and switch over to the 4.3 FD, then I am adding a Quaife in the mix along with a TSX 6th gear. Hopefully this one will hold for awhile.

· Registered
958 Posts
ok and alot of you guys are running the peakboost kit. is there things that you would recomend upgrading or anything or just run the kit the way it is?
The kit is fine the way it is. I ran their kit with the exception of the oil feed line. I wanted to re-route it another route along the fire wall and around the strut tower to keep it away from the down pipe and Manifold.

Other than that I just have supporting mods (Kpro, 3" exhaust, full fuel system, 3bar map, boost control solenoid, motor mounts, clutch, LSD, RBC intake manifold, etc). I have a build thread if you want to see what it took me to get my setup to where its at now. The kit fixs awesome. I have no complaints about it at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts