Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wondering what kind of boost and HP anyone is seeing who is running a C38 to 90k rpm? I am interesting in the C38-71 but I'll take info I can get.

·
Registered
293 Posts
just looking at the compressor map, I'd expect to see some 500HP at 1.4bar of boost. Do you have the budget for a gearbox build? The OEM box will strips its gears in shot order.

you get about 120HP per 100 g/sec of air. As you have to consider intake losses and the correction of the hot output air to translate boost into a pressure ratio, I'd expect a pressure ration about 10-15% lower than in the map. If you design a poor intake at such power levels, the resulting low intake pressures will have boost dropping a fair bit despite the same actual pressure ratio.

I suggest you read JayDee's awesome Rotrex thread. It is a must read for the person with your kind of question. He went through most iterations you can image regarding Rotrex C38s on a Honda K all the way to twin Rotrex setups and making his own cams.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Wondering what kind of boost and HP anyone is seeing who is running a C38 to 90k rpm? I am interesting in the C38-71 but I'll take info I can get.
I get 14.5 psi on mine

41 - 44 of 44 Posts