Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to get some pictures up on your fuel set ups and a list of what you used. I am in the process of getting my parts together for my swap and i am on fuel so i was wondering what people were using. I thought about keeping the stock fuel rail but i have not seen anyone with it. Can it not be done? thanks for the time.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I may be wrong on this, but I do believe that the reason that everyone runs an aftermarket fuel rail is because the K base vehicles (RSX, Accord, CRV, TSX, etc) run a returnless fuel system, whereas older Honda/Acuras EF's, EG's, EK's etc utilize a fuel return system. The aftermarket fuel rail is used to accomodate the fuel return system with it's extra ports to connect the return lines to.

·
Registered
426 Posts
you can use the stock fuel rail with a aem or aeromotive regulator
well here is a pic of my set up with the tuck fuel line kit kit from hybrid
fuel rail set up with no return

and here is my regulator set up

·
Registered
477 Posts
Some older pictures, but the fuel system is still the same. Some key things I wanted when making it were:

Keep it away from the exhaust system(1200degrees + fuel = bad day)
Make the filter easy to get too/check
Keep the FPR out of the way and mounted to the body, not the engine
Make the FP gauge easy to see.
Keep the system loosely coupled

Because this is a race car, I wanted to only have to remove the two fuel rail bolts and the injector clips to move it out of the way.

Forgive the 'clutter', much of it has been tidied up by now.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some older pictures, but the fuel system is still the same. Some key things I wanted when making it were:

Keep it away from the exhaust system(1200degrees + fuel = bad day)
Make the filter easy to get too/check
Keep the FPR out of the way and mounted to the body, not the engine
Make the FP gauge easy to see.
Keep the system loosely coupled

Because this is a race car, I wanted to only have to remove the two fuel rail bolts and the injector clips to move it out of the way.

Forgive the 'clutter', much of it has been tidied up by now.
I am liking those ideas those are even good on a street car that is kind of the same ideas i was going for. And i forgive the clutter lol, mine is going to be worse i know it all ready.
Also wanted to know what that metal piece is connected in front of the shifter cables is that a weight or something what does it do? thanks.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may be wrong on this, but I do believe that the reason that everyone runs an aftermarket fuel rail is because the K base vehicles (RSX, Accord, CRV, TSX, etc) run a returnless fuel system, whereas older Honda/Acuras EF's, EG's, EK's etc utilize a fuel return system. The aftermarket fuel rail is used to accomodate the fuel return system with it's extra ports to connect the return lines to.
As far as i know about the returnless and return fuel set ups that is why you have to get a fuel regulator that has the return built on it and you send the fuel back from their if i am wrong someone please correct me but that is what i noticed.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am starting to run my fuel system also.My dad and I were looking at the stock rail and it has a big 22mm nut in the center.Same nut on the end of all d-b series rails for fuel inlet.I took the nut off and there is a small nub sticking out enough to get a hose and clamp on there securely.My question is can that be used as a return for the fuel system.

my set up goes like this

filter to stock rail inlet
return from rail using center nut on stock rail into regulator out of regulator to return

Not trying to thred jack but that is my set up for now we will see if it works.
Good luck on your build and let me know if you think this will work:up:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am starting to run my fuel system also.My dad and I were looking at the stock rail and it has a big 22mm nut in the center.Same nut on the end of all d-b series rails for fuel inlet.I took the nut off and there is a small nub sticking out enough to get a hose and clamp on there securely.My question is can that be used as a return for the fuel system.

my set up goes like this

filter to stock rail inlet
return from rail using center nut on stock rail into regulator out of regulator to return

Not trying to thred jack but that is my set up for now we will see if it works.
Good luck on your build and let me know if you think this will work:up:

No worries, I am trying to think of a way that I will be able to get by with until I get a job and I am able to spend more money, but i am not sure what you are talking about I'm going to go out and look at my engine and try to figure out what you mean but if you have pictures post them up so we all can take a look and try and help us both out.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you look at a stock fuel rail right in the center on the bottom there is a big nut like 22mm or so.If you take it off there is a piece of pipe sticking out of there.If I run the fuel into the stock rail and locaton and then the return off the rail in the center piece I was talking about. Then after leaving the rail I would run it through a stillen fuel regulator.The regulator has guage mounted and has in out only.This is just for now if it will work.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^Seems like a good idea someone else is going to have to shed some light on this. To me it makes sense and it would work but don't take my word for it.:cool:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 20 of 171 Posts