Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1019 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
It'll have 3.5" intake, 3inch exhaust, header, skunk2 im and 70mm tb along with a modified k20a2 oil pump. So a mostly stock engine for me, which is why I was thinking the 2.2 would be better. It'll mainly be used for track stuff and autocross.

yeap it ll work but this cams is more for a k20 if u want to put 260-270 u need stage 3 cams... with prc pistons 12.2 and head ported electric pump yeah u can hit 300+ isnt a big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thought this would be the best place to ask rather than starting a new thread.

Would DC 3.2s and possibly supertech valvetrain be okay in a k24a3 (European k24) that has a stock compression of 10-5-1 ? Was reading through this thread and see everyone using them on k24s but the site I'm using to purchase my parts from state I need a compression of 12-5-1 to run them so should opt for the 2.2s

Site with the chart

https://h-tune.co.uk/drag-cartel-camshafts-og-elite-series-honda-k-series/

Appreciate any feedback from you all, I'm new to the kmseries and learning each day when on here.

My setup is only for street use and the odd track day.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thought this would be the best place to ask rather than starting a new thread.

Would DC 3.2s and possibly supertech valvetrain be okay in a k24a3 (European k24) that has a stock compression of 10-5-1 ? Was reading through this thread and see everyone using them on k24s but the site I'm using to purchase my parts from state I need a compression of 12-5-1 to run them so should opt for the 2.2s

Site with the chart

https://h-tune.co.uk/drag-cartel-camshafts-og-elite-series-honda-k-series/

Appreciate any feedback from you all, I'm new to the kmseries and learning each day when on here.

My setup is only for street use and the odd track day.
On our stock K24A3's I wouldnt go bigger than a stage 2 cam on stock compression, what other mods do you have?

·
Registered
71 Posts
On our stock K24A3's I wouldnt go bigger than a stage 2 cam on stock compression, what other mods do you have?
I've not started the build yet I'm actually researching to what will work best.

My ideal setup would be;
K20a2 head
K24a3 block
K20a2 oil pump
Itbs (unsure on size yet)
Cams (unsure on what to go for yet hence question)
Super tech valvetrain
3" exhaust
K tuned long tube or something similar
750cc injectors
Hondata kpro v3/4
Adjustable fuel pressure reg
Have a walbro 255 now and think that'll be sufficient enough for this build

So pretty standard really, don't really want to touch the block unless I get sold a duff block which I hope doesn't happen (touch wood)

·
Registered
121 Posts
3.2 will work fine. There are a few people here in CT who run those and do great I even know people with DC4 on a stock TSX short block and run 10's in a gutted car.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I've not started the build yet I'm actually researching to what will work best.

My ideal setup would be;
K20a2 head
K24a3 block
K20a2 oil pump
Itbs (unsure on size yet)
Cams (unsure on what to go for yet hence question)
Super tech valvetrain
3" exhaust
K tuned long tube or something similar
750cc injectors
Hondata kpro v3/4
Adjustable fuel pressure reg
Have a walbro 255 now and think that'll be sufficient enough for this build

So pretty standard really, don't really want to touch the block unless I get sold a duff block which I hope doesn't happen (touch wood)

The 3.2's do really well on the 10.5:1 comp, it's an awesome, very driveable cam and not as ridiculous as the skunk2 3's. the DC3.2 is def the cam for you, i'm even debating the new elite endurance cams for another setup i plan on doing. As for the itb's a set of kinsler 62mm should be good, but if buying brand new, contact kinsler with all your mods and they spec the manifold to your modifications

·
Registered
71 Posts
The 3.2's do really well on the 10.5:1 comp, it's an awesome, very driveable cam and not as ridiculous as the skunk2 3's. the DC3.2 is def the cam for you, i'm even debating the new elite endurance cams for another setup i plan on doing. As for the itb's a set of kinsler 62mm should be good, but if buying brand new, contact kinsler with all your mods and they spec the manifold to your modifications

Appreciate the info, I'd like to see a graph with these cams on a stock k24a3 .
I saw the elite bit obviously they're too large of a cam for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For a K24A2 with DC 2.2, Supertech springs (92lb) and retainers, should I go with Supertech valves and keepers as well? Or will OEM ones be alright?
One more question:

I'll be going with the stock valves, but what size keepers (valve locks? Same thing?) do I need? 5.5mm, 7 degree?

This will be my first time doing any kind of internal engine stuff, so i'm just trying to get it all figured out.

·
Registered
219 Posts
One more question:

I'll be going with the stock valves, but what size keepers (valve locks? Same thing?) do I need? 5.5mm, 7 degree?

This will be my first time doing any kind of internal engine stuff, so i'm just trying to get it all figured out.
you need to match the keeper to the retainer because honda change the design after 2004. your stock keepers wont fit right on supertech retainers

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mine is being e-tuned by vit viper
Chassis - 2007 honda civic si sedan
Engine - 2006 k24a2 all stock long block
Mods
•hybrid racing intake
•j37 tb
•rrc manifold
•skunk2 megapower header
•custom 3" exhaust
I'll post a dyno sheet once I have it fully tuned.

Ideas on what it will make?
I'm thinking like 220hp and like 170tq?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
this car i was tuned in Panama
k24a2 2006 longblock stock
j37 rbc manifold
sk2 header
greddy catback 2.75
intake sk2 3.5
235whp 182tq pump gas (88oct)
243whp 190tq vp c85

That's awesome super similar setup to what I'm running. Thanks man

·
Registered
283 Posts
u r welcome just let me know whatever u need i ll help

Mods
•hybrid racing intake
•j37 tb
•rrc manifold
•skunk2 megapower header
•custom 3" exhaust

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mods
•hybrid racing intake
•j37 tb
•rrc manifold
•skunk2 megapower header
•custom 3" exhaust

nice start with make the first numbers! now u know what i made with very similar setup maybe u got a idea.

·
Registered
283 Posts
nice start with make the first numbers! now u know what i made with very similar setup maybe u got a idea.

I used to have same stuff but a k20z3 head with "stage 3" cams and a2 oil pump but it hydrolocked before the tune was finished. So this is definitely a down grade for me unfortunately. But I'm happy that this time around it will be way more reliable.

·
Registered
7 Posts

274whp/198tq

Engine:
K24A2 Bottom end
12:1 RS Machine Pistons
OEM Rods
RBC-2 Head
Supertech H1021D Valve Train Kit
4Piston K600 Camshafts
RRC Intake Manifold
70MM Hybrid Racing Throttle Body
ASP 4-1 Header, no megaphone
3" Thermal Exhaust
3" Intake

Fuel System:
-6 AN feed/return
AEM FPR
Karcepts Fuel Rail
ID 1000cc Injectors
Walbro 255

Although I'm happy with how it runs, I think the 3" intake might be holding me back some.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,069 Posts
Welcome to the best K20a.org ever :D madflowers!

274whp/198tq...12:1...RBC-2 Head...4Piston K600 Camshafts...RRC Intake Manifold...
Thanks for sharing your engine setup and dyno measurement result. Looks very nice :). I have a question to the choosen camshafts. Where those recommended by 4Piston for your setup?

Fuel System
Any reason for you didn't return the fuel directly from the distributing-line to fuel tank?

...I think the 3" intake might be holding me back some.
Where in the torque graph do you see some more power potential with a different intake diameter?

Markus

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the best K20a.org ever :D madflavors! Thanks! Long time lurker, first time poster lol

Thanks for sharing your engine setup and dyno measurement result. Looks very nice :). I have a question to the choosen camshafts. Where those recommended by 4Piston for your setup? Nope, I got a great deal off one of the Facebook forums BNIB that I couldn't pass up. Do i think the engine might be slightly overcammed? Possibly, but I'm no engine expert lol.

Any reason for you didn't return the fuel directly from the distributing-line to fuel tank? I'm not 100% clear on what you're asking. The fuel setup starts at the pump > filter > rail > FPR > return to tank. I did not want a dead rail set up.

Where in the torque graph do you see some more power potential with a different intake diameter? After reading several threads here, almost everyone with a 2.4 has made more power changing to a larger diameter intake.

Markus
Please see red above.

981 - 1000 of 1019 Posts