Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1019 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
not taking anything away from the HP but the tq is way off
Yea. My mistake. The my Peak TQ is only 182, which is 1 TQ lower than the time I had 06 K24a2 stock internal, K20a2 oil pump, 40VTC, RBC IM. WHP gained 22whp.

Car feels like POS. Torque-less even with K24 DC3.2 cams. SAD!!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
BTW. with 25 VTC only and supertech 95lbs valve springs.
its's a road race car. Do you think I can up my rev limit from 8000 to 8200?
K24a2 8k limit with a 5.1FD is stupid to the max

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yea. My mistake. The my Peak TQ is only 182, which is 1 TQ lower than the time I had 06 K24a2 stock internal, K20a2 oil pump, 40VTC, RBC IM. WHP gained 22whp.

I was speaking to someone maybe Stefan at ASP about this (torque being the same but hp going up). I believe he was saying it has something to do with the combination of parts. From looking at the dyno it looks like the motor still wants to rev and hold power. If your power peak is beyond your bottom end limits you can move that down through proper header and intake combinations.

I don't know what the answer is but I am sure there are some K20 members and maybe even 4piston that can help you put your power down where you want it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was speaking to someone maybe Stefan at ASP about this (torque being the same but hp going up). I believe he was saying it has something to do with the combination of parts. From looking at the dyno it looks like the motor still wants to rev and hold power. If your power peak is beyond your bottom end limits you can move that down through proper header and intake combinations.

I don't know what the answer is but I am sure there are some K20 members and maybe even 4piston that can help you put your power down where you want it.

try another tuner look my post and u can see what this stock k24 can putting down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
455 Posts
try another tuner look my post and u can see what this stock k24 can putting down

Who do you recommend in the bay area? I was contemplating going up to Vit Tuned in OR. bout a 7 hour drive thought.

·
Registered
279 Posts

wheel TQ 182? So its like mine about 287Nm.

But my lower rev range torque isn't that low from the peak TQ I have it very early and it carries pretty good till VTEC (I got RBC though with 80mm TB). I got rid of the 5.1 because it is way too short.. I am going to do a trackday this weekend with my 4.7FD back in and hopefully it's better haha.

But my guess is that the cams unleashes itself when you bump up the compression to 12.5. Right now you lose too much dynamic compression due to the large lift and duration.

·
Registered
104 Posts

wheel TQ 182? So its like mine about 287Nm.

But my lower rev range torque isn't that low from the peak TQ I have it very early and it carries pretty good till VTEC (I got RBC though with 80mm TB). I got rid of the 5.1 because it is way too short.. I am going to do a trackday this weekend with my 4.7FD back in and hopefully it's better haha.

But my guess is that the cams unleashes itself when you bump up the compression to 12.5. Right now you lose too much dynamic compression due to the large lift and duration.
Yea. Motor wise. We have the same thing.
K24a2 stock internal, drag cartel 3.2, k20a2 oil pump, 25vtc.
I have RRC IM which I believe doesn't work well with the small cfm RBB head and low revving K24. If I had a RBC or PRC, then it might be a different story.
Also, I use ASP 4-1 header w/ reversed magephone. Maybe a 4-2-1 header will give me more mid-range punch.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i doubt the rbc will be much better than the rrc.
the prc might be better , low end wise
but the rbb will be the best for low end

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,069 Posts
i doubt the rbc will be much better than the rrc.
the prc might be better , low end wise
but the rbb will be the best for low end
I agree with you in terms of low end wise :D. Low end means here 2000-5500, beyond that the RBB will tend to fall below the line of the RBC or RRC with a 99 mm stroke engine.

Just curious an2ny888, would that fit for your purpose? If so, this would be a good input for our PM discussion :).

Markus

·
Registered
17 Posts
06-08 K24A2 completely stock internals in a DC2 Type R
50° VTC - currently not tuned more than 40°
Type S oil pump conversion & Clockwise Motion baffle
RBC IM
Karcepts 3" CAI
Type S throttle body
Karcepts race header (R-Crew)
SMSP 2.5" back piping with resonator
Hytech twin loop muffler
Kpro V4
02-04 Type S tranny with 4.7 FD

Tuned on a dynojet at 78° F in 4th gear at about 950 ft above sea level.
A few more changes will be made the next time I take it back to the dyno such as VTEC point and cam angle up top. Simply ran out of time the other day.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
For a K24A2 with DC 2.2, Supertech springs (92lb) and retainers, should I go with Supertech valves and keepers as well? Or will OEM ones be alright?

·
Registered
97 Posts
For a K24A2 with DC 2.2, Supertech springs (92lb) and retainers, should I go with Supertech valves and keepers as well? Or will OEM ones be alright?

put stage 3 cams sk2 or dc 3.2 or BC w valvetrain flat valve and u ve to know what size u got on ur head cuz 06-08 someones are 36mm intake

·
Registered
7 Posts
put stage 3 cams sk2 or dc 3.2 or BC w valvetrain flat valve and u ve to know what size u got on ur head cuz 06-08 someones are 36mm intake

So DC 3.2 would be the better way to go vs DC2.2? And it's an 08

·
Registered
97 Posts
So DC 3.2 would be the better way to go vs DC2.2? And it's an 08

sk2 tuner 3 will better than another stage 3 cams i tuned k24 w pistons and rods it made 320whp on m5 maybe 290-300 pump gas its depend about what bolts on u have!

·
Registered
7 Posts
sk2 tuner 3 will better than another stage 3 cams i tuned k24 w pistons and rods it made 320whp on m5 maybe 290-300 pump gas its depend about what bolts on u have!

It'll have 3.5" intake, 3inch exhaust, header, skunk2 im and 70mm tb along with a modified k20a2 oil pump. So a mostly stock engine for me, which is why I was thinking the 2.2 would be better. It'll mainly be used for track stuff and autocross.

961 - 980 of 1019 Posts