Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone using for EMS tuning (AEM, Hondata etc)?
I know that the K series tuning is at it's infancy, but I was hoping someone had some insight to anything new coming out?
Please forgive my noobish questions, I really just know the basics right now. Thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hey no prob... Im going to be using the new Kpro from Hondata.

Its ordered waiting for delivery.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Hondata is basically using the stock honda ECU adding its magic... The I Vtec mechanism is of course more complicated than VTEC on the b series.... Therefore a standalone like AEM EMS, needs to account for things like cam phasing and other things that appear with the K.

AEM EMS wil be coming out in 4-6 weeks for a price around $1300...

Once it is out, I am sure that experienced tuners that mastered the AEM EMS will jump on it and compare it to the hondata... For sure it will take more money and dyno tuning to get the AEM EMS where hondata is already... But once this is achieved it is my personal opinion that the stand alone has the potential to be better if paired with an experienced user... Of course we are still speculating because we have not seen it yet perform.. For all I know, it could be better or worse.

·
Registered
44 Posts
First off whats up silversupragirl, Rich and everyone else i know on this forum.

i have a few questions also is there any true standalone in the works for it like say speedpro or anything like that (i am very partial to that system) just would like to know for future referance if anyone knows anything thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey 99blackcivicsi :D Glad to see some H-T transplants here other than me (I know some others are here too). I am patiently waining for the AEM EMS to come out as the Hondata isn't my favorite for tuning. But it's all what works better, right?

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
silversupragirl said:
What's everyone using for EMS tuning (AEM, Hondata etc)?
I know that the K series tuning is at it's infancy, but I was hoping someone had some insight to anything new coming out?
Please forgive my noobish questions, I really just know the basics right now. Thanks in advance :D
I've been reading my EMS PDF .... and it's no joke you really have to read the whole book. It's no simple Intake and Exhaust modification.....

·
Registered
599 Posts
silversupragirl said:
I am patiently waining for the AEM EMS to come out as the Hondata isn't my favorite for tuning. But it's all what works better, right?
Both the AEM and Hondata have their advantages. I've been using a prototype AEM EMS in a turbocharged EK with a K20A2 for some time now. The car kicks out about 450 hp at the wheels. Right now the car has been set up with dual boost settings with low boost ranging from 12 to 16 depending on RPM and high boost at 19 or 22 lbs depending on which program is running. It drives and runs beautifully.

I also have a Hondata K-pro in a supercharged DC2 with a K24 block K20A head engine. The new K-pro works head and shoulders above the reflashed ECU we were running. This engine still needs some tuning but is probably capable of 325 at the wheels once we switch from 550 to 660 injectors. As of right now we are running out of fuel at just over 300 hp.

Both systems work very well and each have their advantages.

brian g

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
How does the AEM EMS do with the VTC cam gears?

Did AEM tell you when the EMS is going to come out?

·
Registered
599 Posts
C-Zero said:
How does the AEM EMS do with the VTC cam gears?
On our car that feature was switched off, but I was told that the EMS could control the VTC with no problem.

C-Zero said:
Did AEM tell you when the EMS is going to come out?
Their comment to me was, "Thanks to you, we are probably going to speed up the release of the EMS for K-series engines."

brian g

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
brian g said:
On our car that feature was switched off, but I was told that the EMS could control the VTC with no problem.

Their comment to me was, "Thanks to you, we are probably going to speed up the release of the EMS for K-series engines."

brian g
Thats all good news to me.

What were the dyno # of torque and Hp of the k20/k24 combo.

·
Registered
599 Posts
dmotoguy said:
have you done any tuning of the vtc with Kpro?
Me personally, no.

Hondata has done all our K-Pro tuning to date. We have provided them with several different engine combinations so that they could expand their base tune choices.

brian g

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
So whats the word, when is the AEM EMS coming out?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
fearless_dsm said:
EMS was just released for K swapped cars. 30-1070
So it should be simialr to tuning a B-series EMS right? anyone had any experience with the AEM EMS yet?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts