Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
COMMMENTS AND CRITICS ALL WELCOME

Compliments Of BOOSTBUILDERS/DRT Located In Queens, NYC

KNOWN AMAURY FOR YRS FROM WHEN HE HAD HIS OWN SHOP OUT IN LI FEW YRS BACK..AND LATELY IVE BEEN LOOKING TO PNP MY MANIFOLD..

SO I PUT MY TRUST IN THIS MANS HAND ASWELL MY MONEY AND IM HAPPY WITH THE OUTCOME. HERES THE PICS THAT I TOOK, WISH I COULD HAVE GOT SOME WHILE MANIFOLD WAS OPEN BUT WASNT AROUND.

O AND FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW AND MAY COMMENT NEGATIVELY..THE ROUGHNESS IMPROVES THE AIRFLOW THREW THE MANIFOLD..IT CREATES TURBULENCE SO THE AIR CAN FLOW ACCURATLEY AND PERFORM BETTER...

·
Registered
690 Posts
i ported my roommates manifold and found that leaving it ruff like that actually slows you downn....Im sure you read somewhere that it helps.....But on the dyno i would hate to say it hurt us.....

Here is a picture of a RBC manifold i ported for my roommate....SANDING ROLLS FTW..

We ditched the RBC and went with something bigger.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i ported my roommates manifold and found that leaving it ruff like that actually slows you downn....Im sure you read somewhere that it helps.....But on the dyno i would hate to say it hurt us.....

Here is a picture of a RBC manifold i ported for my roommate....SANDING ROLLS FTW..

We ditched the RBC and went with something bigger.
Well this my first ported manifold also my first k...so my plans are tune this weekend with my original stock manifold which is currently on the car..And then use this one to see the difference and pretty much weigh the pros and cons. If i lose hp/tq then it would be a experiment pretty much which i can pass on as knowledge information. I was considering a lil bit smoother but the identical same manifold went 10s on a built setup from the same shop. So ima try my stock setup and see if i can lower my ets from 12.5s untuned to a lil lower after tune.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jesus what do u have to go threw to get some help, comments anything on this site.

I swear this site turning into honda-tech.

You post a question or something for people to leave comments/feedback. And you either get a douchbag answer or nothing at all, even worst.

·
Registered
919 Posts
you barely posted this thread today and you expect so many replies and questions etc.

just relax and give others time.

This site is nothing near like honda-tech.

IMO, i don't see how having a rough manifold would make air flow better, but i'm curious for the results of this. So be sure to post up a before and after dyno.

·
Registered
582 Posts
What do you want people to say? Test it out and see if it make power or not. Yes a ruff surface flows better then polished but that is to much. I think there will be to much Turbulence. Look at any BP ported manifold or any ported head that is dyno proven and you will see what a runner or port should look like...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you barely posted this thread today and you expect so many replies and questions etc.

IMO, i don't see how having a rough manifold would make air flow better, but i'm curious for the results of this. So be sure to post up a before and after dyno.
Sorry bout that yea my patience is kinda low....Just i use to lurk and i see 13831 replies with in minutes but NOOB people get HOURS DAYS lol

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know the intake is suppose to have a textured surface, that looks a little too textured... you should take it to get flowed and se how it does, that way you wont have to swap back and forth.. just an opinion :)
Ima take it to a machine shop hopefully today to see if i can possibly get if flowed to see what it does..

HOPEFULLY GOOD!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
The rough surface creates a boundary layer along it. Basically air "sticks" to the boundary (very thin) and the rest of the air only has to push it's way past that thin layer of air on the surface, instead of the surface itself.

Think golf ball.

Looking forward to before and after dynos :)

·
Registered
39,473 Posts
lol sup Jay :rolleyes:

Well this my first ported manifold also my first k...so my plans are tune this weekend with my original stock manifold which is currently on the car..And then use this one to see the difference and pretty much weigh the pros and cons. If i lose hp/tq then it would be a experiment pretty much which i can pass on as knowledge information. I was considering a lil bit smoother but the identical same manifold went 10s on a built setup from the same shop. So ima try my stock setup and see if i can lower my ets from 12.5s untuned to a lil lower after tune.
I say find a stock rbc and get tuned on stock rbc vs this ported rbc to see the real difference. The stock manifold (which I'm gonna guess is the stock type S manifold aka PRB) won't do as well as a stock rbc will but that comparison (stock rbc vs ported rbc) would make for an interesting comparison. :up:

·
Registered
462 Posts
U coulda got the manifold smooth. the roughness is to break up the gas particals and air so it will combust better. U have enuff in the intake ports to do that so u coulda got the manifold smoothed out. In my opinion the way it is now won't hurt anything because u didn't have a polished one so u won't be missing any numbers that u didn't have

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thats too rough. You need to get it a little smoother then that.
Were talking rough like 400 grit sand paper. Not like a metal grinder on a dremel rough.

I'm doing a little gasket matching as well. But i don't know a whole lot about it. Just trying to learn.

·
Registered
927 Posts

He is kind of right, If your not talking about your new $2,000 Thorttle body, or a testing a new set of 400whp NA cams, then people don't care here. I've just excepted this forum is more about sharing experiances with new high price parts, and Big Budget builds,then it is about helping each other with problems, and educating new members. It's almost a shame that the knowlidge level on this forum has gotten to the point where the less informed are just ignored.

Oh and i forgot about the Market place. A for sale thread lasts about 5mins on the front page here.

·
Banned
479 Posts
Sorry if this comes off as negative but that is not a "port" job... it may be the start of one but definitely not a finished one. This is a rough "rough-out" as you normally wont see deep gouges in the aluminum, those are what we would call a mistake, it's way to tough to get them out when you finish with a roll cartridge.

We'll send you one of our off the shelf ported RBC's so you can do a back to back. Tune on that one and then simply swap it out for ours... without a re-tune I bet ours will kill it.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts