Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I no longer have a 4cyl. This head needs a new home.

Just had the machine shop replace the valve guides. deck the head .003", three angle valve job, and hot tank it. Ready to bolt on, & nothing is missing (except two cam journal bolts. I cant seem to find them).

RBC head with only 28K. As you can see from the cam journals and rollers there is no wear. This was a nice clean head to begin with. I took a lot of pictures just to show how little wear this head has.

The inner chamber of the head has had all the casting bumps smoothed down. No reshaping of the chamber, just deburring and polishing of the surface. The intake and exhaust ports have had the middle divider thinned down, then the ports were blended into the valve seats. No reshaping of the ceiling nor floor of the port. This should be a great street. Head comes with Hondata IM gasket, and all the oem parts the head came with are included. Complete head! The only thing missing are two bolts that hold down cam journal #1. I cant seem to find them.

Head built with the following parts:
Supertech Performance Bronze Valve Guides GDE-HK55-I-E $75
Supertech Performance Valve Stem Seals SUP-VS-H5.5I/E-K $21
Supertech Performance Standard Size Intake & Exhaust Valve Set HIVN-1020 / HEVN-1020 $240
Supertech Performance Valve Locks / Keepers KPR-5.5-7A-ST $70
Hondata IM thermal gasket $35

Supertech Performance SPRK-H1007BE-1 Spring & Ti Retainer Kit $440
Seat Press 75lbs @38.7mm
Single Beehive Valve Springs
Springs: SPR-H1007BE-1
Retainers: RET-H55BE-T1
Seat: SEAT-HKBE1

$1100 shipped. Buyer pays shipping, or we can split shipping (depending on location). If you dont want the old oem stuff that will reduce shipping weight, and therefore shipping cost.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I got myself a TL type-S. I can use the cash to modify the J35 :D. I thought about keeping the parts to build up a crx. Who knows, if they dont sell, I just might.

·
Registered
216 Posts
yea i am about to be doing a complete service on a j series 225 outboard, they are a strong motor that have proven themselves over many different platforms.GLWS

·
Registered
0 Posts
Still available? I will have to do some RRC research as I know nothing about it. I literally signed on to find out where to send an RBC to get it ported and stumbled on this. Might as well go this route if I can figure out what I need to know about this setup

·
Registered
0 Posts
That looks like a serious build. I swore I wasn't going to touch the motor this year (I swapped in a K24 last year but didn't crack it beyond Kpro), but I ahd my mind set on the z1 head.

As this is, will this bolt right up to the K24?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi the head that u got which model is it andis it ported , must the valves be changed as well??

Hope do u just want for the head

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am very new here, I am looking for a RRC manifold and I found this post; so is the RRC manifold still available?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The manifold is gone. The head is all together though and ready to sell.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts